Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

shark racing has a turbo kit

Old 03-01-2005, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Only problem I have with that manifold is there is no collector when the runners meet up just before entering the turbine. I just see it poor in way of exhaust flow, too much trying to get to the same spot. It just needs a collector welded on, that's all. All else considered it looks like a decent job.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
Well fantastic, you are one of like 8 people, out of the thousands of Hyundai Tuners out there, that never had an issue. Im' glad you didn't.

Don't overexaggerate things that bad man... I'm sure there are tons of people who have had no problems with them. And no one orders from them anyway right? tongue.gif And you would get the ECU core charge back once you sent them yours.... your not losing any money that way... you ever done a core charge? Only disadvantage would be if you hated the kit and wanted to resell, but hey, perfect time for the 1.8ECU afterwards. smile.gif

The no collector on the manifold shouldn't present too much of a problem, especially on the Stage 1 since its probably running a T25.
-----
If you wanted a safe, reliable setup for better passing performance and a little power, it really isn't that bad. Even if the intercooler is small, you don't want a large intercooler for that much power. The efficiency would be hella low. The reflashed ECU (if done properly...) would overcome all the pain in the butt fueling problems that aren't solved when you straight up buy Tim's kit, although Tim's kit is hella more upgradable. It would essentially turn the Beta into a stock GST, and a hella lot more purty.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:16 PM

Good points Hamhead. These are for the GK and XD platforms though. So the ECU's have already been hacked, as per what Rick was saying.

We have a snowball's chance with this kit cause they'd have to hack our ECU's and after all that we'd prolly be in the same spot that Leadfoot was in.

All in all stay away, different car, unreliable company.......poor decision on the buyer's part.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

It says an auto is good for 200whp is this true I thought 250 or so
Or is that because beta2 has diff tranny too
Old 03-01-2005, 07:43 PM

Methinks they are just being safe, and they should be. They don't need anymore poor customer service.

And they trannies are a little different. I think only the bolt patterns and how it lines up with the BetaII are the major differences. Internally they are prolly similar.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:26 PM

^^ Me agrees. Autos on almost all cars are inherently weaker than manuals simply by the way they are designed on stock vehicles.

They might actually bolt right up or close to bolt-up... I think Jaws has used Beta II trannies on his Tib...
Old 03-04-2005, 10:13 AM

I think that for this money, you can make a better Turbo Kit.... 170WHP and T25 is like sooner you will have to buy a bigger turbo and Upgrade other stuff

HP is addictive
Old 03-04-2005, 12:51 PM

Seems like a safe and reliable setup though, shouldn't be prone too many problems if the contents are at least mid quality. 180ish whp in a 2600 pound car is more than enough to get going places quickly. Its a great kit if you want a bolt-on kit and dont wanna touch internals.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Sorry man, $3K for 40 HP is stupid. Locked.