Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Shark Racing Bov

Old 11-09-2006, 10:38 AM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the shark racing bov? If so do you have a sound clip to go with it?

Tried searching, but found nothing.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2006, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

In all honesty, in keeping with Shark Racing's stealing of other people's stuff, its probably a HKS blow-off valve or something similar with a Shark Racing label on it.

Are you intending on buying the kit?

None of us RD guys have it, a few of the GK 2.0L cars bought it and had major pains installing the kit. Whether its GK guys not being the brightest cookies in the jar or the SR kit really having a lot of issues (which I don't doubt) its definately not worth the money.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:06 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't understand how a company could make a "kit" without testing it on a vehical.. You just can't do that. I mean i could see if it were cheap and broke, but to not fit... That HAS to be operator error... Hell, it's the GK guys at NT who's mommy and daddy buy the parts for them!

Maybe the parts were actually for our vehical... it's not uncommon to mix up RD1 RD2 and GKs. Like the ebay RD2 gauges which were actually RD1 that are now discontinued. Or parts sold for 00-03 tiburons.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:21 PM

Is that necessarily true though? I seem to recall reading a lot about some brand of header with a lot of fitment issues that had to be resolved.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:28 PM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

I'm just looking around for blow off valves and i never heard anyone on here talk about it. If anybody has any more info I may or may not get it.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:30 PM

Well blow-off valves sound the same so a Greddy knockoff at 8psi is going to sound the same on a Tiburon as a Nissan Sentra if they are both venting the same pressure. So you just don't have to look here for clips.

Just make sure you buy recirculating.