Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Secret to removing injectors from fuel rail?

Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 turbo elantra
Default Secret to removing injectors from fuel rail?

I bought a spare beta engine with lower miles because Im building it up with new internals and scrapping the stock high mileage engine thats in my turbo elantra now. I'm trying to remove the injectors (the engine came with 400cc injectors) from the fuel rail, but they're being stubborn. I'm sending them out for cleaning/flow testing (to make sure they're ok), so I don't want to mess them up more then I have too.

I think a bench vise would make this simpler, but I don't have one.

Any tips/advice?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Is the rail attached to the block still, if it is there is two colts holding it to the block, remove both bolt, then pull the rail off the block straight, it does take a bit of force, be careful not to pull to hard and smack your hand on the plenum of the intake and then freak out and smash the injectors plastic caps. They will break very easy. yet, it should not be super hard to get the injectors out of the rail itself, just do a pulling twisting motion.

Also 400cc injectors on a built motor will be a waste of time, they will be maxed out at like 230ish WHP. Unless you run a sh*t ton of pressure and plan on locking them up and ruining your built motor... Just a hint!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

WD 40.