Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Same question about mods but with supercharger

Old 07-19-2002, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same question about mods but with supercharger

What mods should not be done before the supercharger that is coming out. I really have to get this supercharger I hope is coming out SOON. I was looking at nitrous 50 shot but need to know if it will be alright with the s/c. I know old v8 used nitrous with s/c but that was totally different than our nitrous set ups. So far I have CAI and new cat back exhaust no headers yet.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:22 AM

NO2 and a S/C combo can be leathal to both your engine and the person you are racing. The cooling effects of nos are greatly enhanced in the ultra hot enviorment of a S/C. You can just shoot a 25hp shot and the effects are amazing. If your going with a supercharger any way you will be upgrading your fuel system for sure. A ZEX system would work fine for you in both terms of installation and effective cooling of the S/C.
It never hurts to upgrade your pistons in forced induction applications. No need to do any thing to the intake manifold as it will get scraped when you get your S/C. Save it and sell it.
All exhaust mods will be helpfull and will not effect the supercharger in a negative way.
I,m not sure how complete the S/C kit will be but it will probably come with bigger injectors.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

about the only mod that won't work before/after with a supercharger would be modifications to the intake manifold.

Headers, exhaust, high flow cats will show gains N/A or SC. BTB, CAI as well. Head/port work is also a good idea.
Old 07-19-2002, 02:42 AM

What about aggressive cam profiles. Since there is not as much pressure in the exhaust piping as you would have with a turbo would valve overlap cause as much of a problem?
Old 07-19-2002, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

A turbo cannot have too much exahust overlap due to the high ammount of back pressure between the turbo and the exhaust port. A supercharger has no such disadvantage.

Too agreesive of an N/A profile might cause blow through with a supercharger, but a Moderate cam should not cause any problem. There are specific supercharger cams for some engines...but of course, not ours! *pout*
Old 07-19-2002, 03:28 AM

I probably shouldn't get a C/F hood yet either should I? It looks like you have to modify to get the charger to fit under the hood.
Is it still August when it comes out. Has there been a set price yet. And will a strut bar be in the way? I went up to a single exhaust on v6 with apex turbo N1 and 2.5* cat back pipe and a hi - flow cat coming next. That ought to be good with the s/c setup shouldn't it?
Old 07-19-2002, 04:28 AM

Also, has anyone put a s-afc on their v6 tib yet?
Will it work? if it does, how will it do with s/c?
Old 07-19-2002, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Ramanar, just be sure not to get too happy with the N2O, or you might exceed the bottom end's ability to cope with the added power.

(edit) ooops, I mean, once you get the supercharger. until then, just don't get like a 100+ shot going! (/edit)
Old 07-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Red

An S-AFC will work with any car that has the following:

A 0-5v linear throttle position sensor
An RPM signal or timing signal from the ECU
Any one of these air metering devices:
0-5v MAP
0-5v MAF
0-5v Flapper
0-5khz Karman

This device will work on ANY car that meets OBD1 or OBD2 standards -- ie anything made for the US Domestic Market after like 1992. Yes, that means the V6 tib is included.

The only problem of course is finding the correct wires to tap into...