Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Revised Alpine Turbo Checklist

Old 08-16-2001, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revised Alpine Turbo Checklist

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH FIRST BEFORE YOU TURBO. But, maybe this will help all those who are thinking about buying the Alpine Turbo Kit.

Checklist
1. Alpine Turbo
2. Factory cylinder head gasket
3. Thermotec (to insulate turbo, pipes,&
exhaust)
4. Boost gauge
5. Exhaust temp. gauge
6. Air/Fuel meter
7. Cold air intake
8. Full exhaust 21/5" or 3"
9. Performance Clutch (stage 3)
10. A thinner Radiator fan (random will
tell us later who makes them)
Or shave your factory fan and add longer
bolts.

I think this is all you need to get a good start on your new Alpine Turbo Kit. Although Random and Mario have told us of the many upgrades available!

If there is anything more I need please let me know. I will buy the entire list, except #9-I will ride my factory till it goes, in about one week! Again I will only the run the 10psi boost and leave it alone. 200 to the wheels is enough to eat a lot of Honda ass!!!!!! smile.gif HondaEater
Old 08-18-2001, 04:38 AM

Has anyone gotten the alpine turbo to work well yet? Running without a problem that is? If so what was your totall out of pocket cost for it. install and everything?
Erik
Old 08-18-2001, 04:40 PM

Mario and Random have working Alpine kits. There have been problems, but far as I know their up and fast! smile.gif HondaEater
Old 08-19-2001, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by Eric Hoffa:
200 to the wheels is enough to eat a lot of Honda ass!!!!!!

hmmm...
Old 08-20-2001, 12:02 PM

hmmm nothn. Your average honda performance owner will puchase intake header and exhaust, rims, springs, and some look-good goodies and call it a day. Most have the sorry 1.6l single cam vtec engine (127hp round abouts at the fly) and you'll catch others with the beefy 1.6DOHC engine (160hp at the fly) with the same mods. Even with the scenario just mentioned that motor will dyno at 145-150hp at the wheels. The SI wieghs in at around 2550. So, 200hp with 2660lbs on it will definitly lay da smack down on more than a few Hondas. I should know, I owned one and raced more than I can even begin to remember on the track and on the street. wink.gif WHy am I even writing this. I am apparently extremely bored and have absolutly nothing to do! The voices!! Not again!! I HAVE TO GO NOW. good-bye. sad.gif