Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Returnless Fuel System conversion

Old 05-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

2001 Accent:
what about the tons of people running nitrous and turbo on their MAP cars?

im going to run both of these in my car until it goes BOOM
For nitrous, it's not a problem as long as you run a WET kit. Dry kits won't work as they use increased fuel pressure. (exception is venom, they pulse the injectors longer).

In regards to turbo, I don't know of anyone running a turbo on a stock returnless fuel setup. There is probably someone out there, but I haven't seen them post details of it up on any of the forums.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I think I've given up the search for staying with the returnless fuel system. I'll be going with a complete custom set-up. New FPR components, and new return line.

or what do you think of this set up? It keeps the stock returnless system but adds an auxilary pump and check valve.

Would deffinately have to use better hosing, ie SS lines and fittings.
or there is this option
Old 05-11-2003, 02:16 AM
QS

Lobert is running a turbo on his stock returnless accent.
Hes getting 8psi out of it on stock BETA injectors.
He never had it dyno'ed.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:11 PM

Dyno coming this weekdend. So just hold tight and I'll be back witht he full report.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Accent GSi

To convert to a return system couldn't you just tap the end of the fuel rail and add a RRFPR. Instead of running back into the tank directly (fear of BOOM while welding) why not have the return line empty into the rubber filler neck. If you do end up welding a bung into the tank, make sure to fill it completely with water first, then no BOOM. These are all things I am in the midst of contemplating myself.
For engine management check out the megasquirt at DIYautotune.com, awsome guys to deal with and endless programming and tuning possibilities there.
For now I am considering just limiting my boost to 4 or 5 lbs and running bigger injectors, fuel pump and return fuel system on the factory ECU. FYI its a 2002 Hyundai Accent GSI and I will be running a fmic.