Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Re/build Pics.. Track Day ,dyno ,vids

Old 04-29-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love seeing you guys who've been doing this for a while with the cars all clean and new lookin. Very inspiring smile.gif
Old 05-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Thanks Blacktibs,I appreciate it fing02.gif

"are you running obx manifold coated in ceramic?" I honestly and truely don't know for sure., since Gary origonally installed em.They are ceramic coated but need to be done again,it has been rewelded/reinforced. they were chrome b4, here' some pics of before it was on this tib.
[attachment=1033:1030367_IMG_vi.jpg]
[attachment=1034:Tibbybr3_vi.jpg]
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM

Heres an update on the tib for anyone interested,pics/vids.,So over the past 3 weeks,I tore her apart again , Had the head plained .5000 and installed a new oem 3 layer Head gasket (since it was leaking since last summer lol),I also installed 2 new oem top engine mounts,I already have 2 polys on bottom ,but what a diff between the new ones and the old ones with 80000kms!!, no visable damage can be seen ,but they must have been over stressed !?, I now use my harmonic balancer crank pully and not the cheap obx anymore,they are probably good for a N.A engine but is probably the main reason I had oil pump shattering at high hp..., Installed my eboost 2 but have to get a microswitch for boost by gear.,I changed from a 15lb spring to a 7lb in my Tial.,Welded the oil pan turbo drain.,Installed an BAC(iac)., replaced the turbo oil drain hose., I am also trying to get an alt relocate kit from dennist99/Atelierhp so I can flow my downpipe better.
Upon startuo,I had a werid noise coming from the timing belt(you can hear in the video) so after much playing and adjusting, I thought the bearings in the pullys may be gone?, so i got a new tensioner and idler pulley and installed them.,adjusted the tension on the belt and she purrs awesome now!!.. so the dyno was on the fritz again ,so I got my buddy James to help street tune it last friday, kept the boost at 10.7(eboost 2 is the shit!!) went to the track and ran a bunch low 14's, couple of 15's and a 13.9 and 13.7 on slippery street kumo's smile.gif ! The Tib is working awesome!, I should be back on the dyno this week for some proper tuning, and I learned I seriously need slicks so I'm ordering some tomorrow!..

heres the pics/vids

This was before the noisy belt and pullys were changed....horrible sound! lol!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

laugh.gif It makes me happy that you have the time/money to make this happen

and it makes me sad that I do not 02.gif

Oh well. More power to you(r engine)!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

man done some nasty things (in a good way) since taking this off of Gary hands

Old 06-01-2010, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Car looks amazing, glad to see a car of this nature still around and an owner still doing things to it. I love the video of the engine bay even though the belt sounds like death, the engine sounds like a beast. Keep it up man
Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

You need to adjust that BOV.

Otherwise, looks great!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 PM

I Guess I'll just keep posting about the tibs adventures..
So boost by gear is in, spent 3hrs on the dyno tuning 4 dif psi set points, did countless pulls to get afr down and strait,pulled some timing, so no dyno sheets yet,was too tired to go through all the pulls to get the best ones printed,after dynoing,and putting away the dyno it was 330 am,and I had to work in 2 hours,I was beat!

gear based boost settings
1st @ 8.7 psi/220 ish hp
2nd @11.6/240 ish hp
3rd@15.4/280 ish hp
4th@18.5/300 ish hp

So I got some new slicks
and off I go to Greenfeild dragstrip
, I decided not to run 18.5 psi yet as it was my first time on slicks not knowing what to expect.,first pass I broke out,no time,second and third pass I missed 3rd(shifter was loose as hell,had to fix), coming back on the return lane on the 3rd pass,I committed a Huge FAIL! ,I was pissed I missed 3rd again,baking 30 degrees outside, had my rsx seats and full interior in so my helmet was tight to the ceiling as I tried to remove my helmet,my knee hit the steering wheel and instant fail!, the return lane is narrow and ditches either side soo crunch goes the front end!..I go back to the pit ,pile up the broken pieces, check for damage and leaks,and hit the track again against a funnycar! dam,no pressure here lol, ran a 13.1 , then decided to head to pei Raceway for sport compact weekend.

So i got lost on the way there, ended up on E needing gas,only pump was reg 87 octane at some hickville pump/store so I put $15 in her not knowing I was very close to the track and a Real gas station with super 92 dammit,so I ran crap gas all weekend mad.gif . anyways, ran a few more 13.1's and slower, but there was a quick 8 competition of the 80 sport compacts entered and I was the 8th fastest smile.gif ,the other 7 ran 12's or better., next day the 8 of us bracket raced and I came in 4th and claimed $100 ! cool.gif I had an awesome fun first time on slicks last weekend, car is working great, fixed the intercooler tonight,drop her off at the bodyshop tomorrow for fixing, hopefully fixed before the next sport compact event on the 11th. this time I'll put my racing seat in and gut her,and maybe use the 18.5 setting!? ............. note to self, smaller burnouts next time! tires cost $400! but cool burnouts are expensive! got maybe 30% left on em !

as you can see, our Maritime tracks are'nt made of money and are old, mostly volunteers running and organizing..,and they do a great job!

not the best vid but...
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

cool beans...sucks about bumper, but knowing you she will be beautiful again
Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Awesome car, love the work. Sucks about the bumper, I would have had a replacement for you until last summer.

Quick Reply: Re/build Pics.. Track Day ,dyno ,vids