Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Q about fuel

Old 08-16-2004, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RotorPros Group Buy - Accepting Payment!

Hi guys, I got this ad off the DSMtrader website
and was wondering if you know whether the injectors and fuel pump will work on our Beta1 engines?

"Selling stock 2G GSX 14b Turbo, 390cc Injectors and Fuel Pump, the Fuel Pump is brand new and has like 200 miles on it the injectors and turbo have around 60k on them but are like new. "

Thanks lots in advance to the guys that know
Kevin
Old 08-16-2004, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Q about fuel

i know the pump off of one of the generations(maybe even both) will work, not sure about the other things.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Q about fuel

the injectors may workif you use a DSM coilpack with the injector resistor pack, the 2G stock DSM pumps WILL work, i know this because my tiburon is still running wink1.gif
Old 08-17-2004, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Went to the track again :)

QUOTE (Dweet)
the injectors may workif you use a DSM coilpack with the injector resistor pack, the 2G stock DSM pumps WILL work, i know this because my tiburon is still running wink1.gif

tks for the info!

do u know the rating for the DSM pump? isit 255lph hipressure like the walbro?

hmm... r u saying that the DSM injectors r low resistance and ours are high? I read that our 2.0L Beta1 injectors are top-fed and rated at approx 190cc and 16ohms. Is that right? If that is the case, can't i just buy ANY brand top-fed 16 ohm 350cc injector and stick it into our beta1s?

Also... since we share some mitsubishi parts... is it too far off to say that I might be able to buy EVO injectors and fit them right in?
Eg. and Evo 3 or 4 set?

tks dweet for the advice!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring
Default Re: Tons Of Stuff For Sale, Stock Parts, CAI, other stuff...

The GSX pump doesn't fit. You need one from the GST models.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Q about fuel

the stock DSM pump isnt 255 nor is it 190. DSM'ers buy them all the time hence why they get rid of their stock pumps for like $20. Also what I said about the coil packs make sure they are the same firing order. Should be 4-1-2-3. Thats what the DSM ones are not sure about the hyundai's.
As for the injector question stock beta injectors are 240cc's if im not mistaken. The 290cc injectors off of a 2.4L 4 cyl hyundai can get you up to 250hp with the proper tuning. Thats probably your CHEAPEST bet.
Dont know if the Evo has high or low impedance injectors. Never researched that but as long as its a high impedance injector it will work.

QUOTE (JonGTR)
The GSX pump doesn't fit. You need one from the GST models.

why wont the GSX one work? The walbro replacement for a GSX and a GST are the same part number.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Oil type?

I think that the Mitsubishi injectors DONT fit the Hyundai engine.... Thats because they are low Impedance... and we need High Impedance....

The Fuel Pump..... On Ebay.. they are like two sellers that have the 255L Wlabro Fuel Pump from Eclipse at $85.00.... Look for the One that can be used on GS, GR, models..
Old 08-18-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Here's the interior

the ECLIPSE injectors WILL WORK...all you need is a resistor box to change them from low impedence to high impedence. as for the fuel pump... tim from speedfactor has posted a diy for the pump swap... and the beta motor has very very very very few similarities with the mitsubishi engines. hyundai does almost NOTHING with mitsubishi anymore... hyundai is actually the bigger company now.

"gr model?!!!" what is a gr model eclipse?

eclipse... rs..gs.. gst...gsx
Old 08-18-2004, 07:41 PM

Default Seats

Sorry... mispelled...

2001Silvertib is right.... is the rs - gs - gst - gsx

All of them has to be the FWD... not the AWD
Old 08-18-2004, 08:09 PM

Default Re: New Logo

QUOTE (TiburonWao)
Sorry... mispelled...

2001Silvertib is right.... is the rs - gs - gst - gsx

All of them has to be the FWD... not the AWD

then why not just NOT list the GSX model because thats all it is is a GS-T with AWD... hehehe just go back to sleep lol