Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Prs4 Question

Old 12-16-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok Im getting ready to install the PRS4 and have a couple questions. The wire for the computer, my laptop does not have that port. Is there an adapter or what? For the inputs, the wire off the PRS4, what goes there. I mean if I were adding something, is the wire for power or what? I need help with the first question as soon as possible please. Thanks guys

Also, Tim sent me a basemap a while ago but the site was not working, still isnt. I think Mad_John said he was going to be working on one. Anything on that? Also, with the MAP sensor, I cant figure out how to put it in. Like where do I put it and where do the wires go? I really dont know o much about the MAP stuff. Thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i dont know much about map sensors either, but am i right in assuming its threaded? if so, you will have to drill a hole in your intake manifold and then tap it. but maybe there is a hole already somewhere that you can use, i really dont know.

what does the wire look like? pics?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

the way most people do the map sensor is tap a hole in the IM and running some vaccum line to the firewall mounted sensor
Old 12-16-2005, 10:19 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

for the map use an existing vacuum port on youe intake manifold and mount the map sensor on the firewall like Faith wrote,
for your computer wire i guess your meaning a serial port and your lap top has only USB ports?
if that's the case you wil lneed and USB to serial converter but be warned those thing are "flaky" when doing small changes to the prs it will work quite fine but when making major mapping work you might end up in "freezing" communication it'S much better to have a computer wit ha "real" serial port,worst case get yourself an old laptop most of the time then can be bought very cheap and if you drop or dammage it while working on the car you won't break your "good" 2000$ laptop ;-)

for the start up maps search around some mebers are using the prs
Old 12-17-2005, 12:51 AM

Alright after searching mroe I could not find anything on the maps. Only people talking about getting maps. And I was wrong in the first post, mad_john wasnt talking about getting a map, it was jongtr. anyway, if anyone is already running the prs system on your tib, help me with the base map!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:15 AM

I will run the PRS4 as soon as I get it.... hopefulley in two weeks I will have it installed and DYNOED...

For the MAPS.. I worte an email to perfeto power.. but they resend my email to a dealer in Colombia (my nearest country), but I didn't get an answer from them..

I think that I will make a call to Africa very soon.... someone has to help me on getting the MAP....
Old 12-21-2005, 09:32 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

^^^ TiburonWao, please fill in your location and year of the Tiburon.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:35 AM

Please let us know what they tell you. thanks
Old 12-22-2005, 09:35 PM

Of course I will share any information that I get from them....

We are Family... fing02.gif
Old 01-29-2006, 10:15 AM

Ok.. since a month of my last post in here...

I want to say the Perfect Power Sucks.... If you dont have a dealer really near to you, don't buy any of there stuff.... They will no give you any support...

I think that I will sell my PRS4..... and get something easy to install and also get to my HP goal....

mad.gif mad.gif