Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Places To Tap The Oil Pan.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

What would be the best place to tap into the oil pan for the return. I've searched, but nothing. 02.gif
Old 02-02-2006, 01:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

What would be the best place to tap into the oil pan for the return. I've searched, but nothing. 02.gif
Old 02-02-2006, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yep, a lil to the middle and as high as possible, thats where i did it, worked great!

IMO tapping the block doesnt exactly seem like its as easy as tapping the oil pan, and if you already have a low turbo you might be screwing your self and making it so you have to get a pump for the oil return.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yep, a lil to the middle and as high as possible, thats where i did it, worked great!

IMO tapping the block doesnt exactly seem like its as easy as tapping the oil pan, and if you already have a low turbo you might be screwing your self and making it so you have to get a pump for the oil return.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:59 AM

Taping the pan or block is all just opinion and varrys with every diffrent application. As long as its above the oil level and below the turbo you will be fine. Just make sure the oil flow is at a downward angle. Hell i have seen where they needed a pump to return the oil to the pan as the turbo was mounted so low but thats another story. I put mine right at the high oil level and never never had an issue unless i overfill the oil level extremely, Managed to by 5 quarts one time sad.gif when i was filling it on a hill. anyway thats another story. Just put it about 1 inch below the top of the pan witha 5/8" return line and your fine.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:59 AM

Taping the pan or block is all just opinion and varrys with every diffrent application. As long as its above the oil level and below the turbo you will be fine. Just make sure the oil flow is at a downward angle. Hell i have seen where they needed a pump to return the oil to the pan as the turbo was mounted so low but thats another story. I put mine right at the high oil level and never never had an issue unless i overfill the oil level extremely, Managed to by 5 quarts one time sad.gif when i was filling it on a hill. anyway thats another story. Just put it about 1 inch below the top of the pan witha 5/8" return line and your fine.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

is there a gasket to replace or have you guys just used some gasket in a tube stuff?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

is there a gasket to replace or have you guys just used some gasket in a tube stuff?