Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Other cars turbo manifold on a Tiburon

Old 05-14-2012, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Other cars turbo manifold on a Tiburon

I am looking for a cast manifold which I could fit onto my Tib and put a larger turbo on it. Does Eclipse/Talon or Evo manifold fit to our head? I was basically interested into one of these:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...Turbo+Manifold

or

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...Turbo+Manifold

Do you know of any other manifold which could fit our head?

Their Tiburon/Elantra manifold is ok but I do not think that it would fit my car with a larger turbo (Garrett GT3776 - same size as GT35)and still keep the AC
Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

4G63T manis will need to be sloted and welded in order to firlt properly, my friend and I just finished doing one for his car.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:47 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ScoupeLS has fit the EVO 7-9 manifold but there were one or two holes that had to be redrilled. My guess is that's the closest you'll get to a BETA 1. I also believe that Patreezy was selling an alpine turbo manifold, but not sure if he sold it yet.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

the 4G63 manifold will only need to be slotted a bit to work on the beta.. if you are going 4g63 anyway, I'd go and get a nice tubular manifold. (nice meaning quality, not pretty and thin)

the 420a will most likely not work, as people aren't known to use 4g63 manifolds on the N/A 2G DSMs to turbo them.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Socks, what about the one bolt hole that's compleatly out in left field?

We had to weld material on to the manifold before drilling for that one.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've done the EVO manifold as well. Very close! Only needed to re-drill a few mounting holes and mildly open up the ports on a few of the runners. I used an OEM cast manifold. I ported and polished it as best I could. I honestly didnt want to deal with weak tubular designs, so I'm rockin an ugly manifold with a nice heat shield over the top. Also, the TDO5HR 16G From the Evo 8 hot side is already angled correctly to give you more room between the downpipe and the alternator, something that is always a challenge in the RD tibs. Not sure if you would want to go with a stock 16g though, sounds like you are trying to upgrade the turbo. Cant remember what you already have.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Lincoln Aviator

why not buy a manifold made for a tiburon? Kspec has them. I don't understand the desire to use a manifold from a different car. Is there a reason that you are set on this methode?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

possibly because the insane prices on kspec o.O its not very hard to adapt an EVO manifold to make it work and there are many more styles available stateside. the biggest discrepancy with EVO manifolds is a chunk of them are flanged for the twin scroll EVO flanged turbos
Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 PM

Main reason why I want to go for a cast manifold is because the tubular ones are cracking. I am running a T3 turbo now and have problems with cracked manifold all of the time. All of the KSpec's, Sharkracing and even KDM's manifolds are tubular and as Socks said insanely expensive (US$700 a piece). Another thing is that I will be upgrading to a GT3776 which is at least two times heavier than current T3. Treadstones cast iron manifold for Tiburon is ok but the way it holds the turbo is not good for my application since I would not have enough space to place that large son of a b*tch GT3776. Any other way I can do it is to find some other cast iron manifold for Tiburon which holds the turbo in some other way than Treadstone's or to find a manifold for other car which would fit Tib's head and runners more or less perfectly. I was in for the Patrezzy's manifold but main issue with it is that it is a T28 flange which means that I would need an adaptor to T3 which would put my turbo to low for oil return or another way woudl be to get the T28 to T3 adaptor and oil pump which puts everything into some different range than I want it.

I do not mind twin scroll manifold since GT3776 is twin scroll turbo so Twin Scroll mani would be perfect.

I've sent a question to Threadstone if they would be willing to make that 420a Manifold but with Tiburon's flange on it. I doubt they would but it is worth a shot :-D

So if you do know anybody that manufactures cast iron manifolds four our babies let me know. Or if you know for a good manifold which is not prone to cracking I would be gratefull
Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 PM

@Socks can any EVO manifold be used or just for some models (e.g. Evo VI, EVO VII or EVO VIII)?