Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

opinion of turbosmart products...

Old 09-20-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default opinion of turbosmart products...

mainly wastegate and BOV. I don't see many people use these products in our forums. the only person i can remember that had a WG was nightshark and his RD1 black beauty.

customer support, price (even though i don't see it being tha bad),or why is it that we don't se their products used in the hyundai scene that much?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:35 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent 22PSI Boost

Because Turbosmart products work out a bit dearer than tial,hks when your overseas. Here in Australia, really any hyundai thats turbo has turbosmart, its just so easy to get.

On my LC2 i run

Turbosmart plumb back BOV
Turbosmart 38mm Ultra gate wastegate - with screamer pipe
Turbosmart eBoost2

Hope this helps smile.gif

Cheers Ryan
Old 09-21-2010, 12:53 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

The only turbosmart product i have evern owned and used was a Bov, Hated it! It fluttered horribly....

I will alway go with Tial products from now on,

As i am running the 50mm Tial BOV

38mm Tial Wastegate...

Very had a problem easy to setup and adjust, operate like it should no matter the temperature!!!

Best product money can buy if you ask me
Old 09-21-2010, 01:41 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent 22PSI Boost

At the end of the day it all comes to personal preferance, Personally Turbosmart look prettier, I have had nothing to do with Tial but i have heard some bad things about them as with turbosmart. At the end of the day they do the same thing!

Turboron_99 when you say it fluttered bad how so?

Cheers Ryan
Old 09-21-2010, 04:00 AM

Compressor surge, If was horrible... there was no crisp pstttt... it is pst...tt,.t..tt.t... Yea, It is preference. Some people like Pretty... I like things to work, and work the way there suppose to.... But I know a ton of people on here running Tial, Which i am too, and i haven't ever had a problem, once they shipped the wastegate with the wrong spring, called them they sent the right one for free and told me to keep the other... Dont know to many companies like that anymore but there one of them!

And i have my wastegate is anodized silver still shines like new and the BOV has an Anodized Red top hat, i think they look pretty awesome, i still think the ugliest Bov ever made is HKS SSQ party toy lol reminds me of a KAZOO!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 AM

Compressor surge, If was horrible... there was no crisp pstttt... it is pst...tt,.t..tt.t... Yea, It is preference. Some people like Pretty... I like things to work, and work the way there suppose to.... But I know a ton of people on here running Tial, Which i am too, and i haven't ever had a problem, once they shipped the wastegate with the wrong spring, called them they sent the right one for free and told me to keep the other... Dont know to many companies like that anymore but there one of them!

And i have my wastegate is anodized silver still shines like new and the BOV has an Anodized Red top hat, i think they look pretty awesome, i still think the ugliest Bov ever made is HKS SSQ party toy lol reminds me of a KAZOO!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:42 AM

TurboSmarts US office is about 10 minutes from my house. Marty is a nice dude that handles everything there, and I've been working with them for the last 6 months or so to bring their products to the Genesis Coupe guys.

If there's anything you guys want, I can make it happen, I just need the support of buyers to do anything. I currently have a brand new Sleeper style FPR, Boost T, and BOV all in black. If you're looking for feedback, I'd suggest getting on some forums with a bunch of guys from Australia, as that's where TS' HQ is.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I have a Turbosmart 2 position electric/manual boost controller and I love it. Used it on the Integra I built a long time ago. Going to use it on the Mustang when I go turbo.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:10 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

tons of other people use turbosmart products

hyundai guys are cheap asses and find whatevers cheaper
Old 09-21-2010, 10:02 AM

^^^ Make sure you say Select guys are cheap Elantra Man!!!!

Can you find cheap parts on my Tib?????

I cant lol