Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

No Turbo for 2003 V6 Tibby EVER!

Old 03-17-2003, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Turbo for 2003 V6 Tibby EVER!

For those of you who don't keep up with the Korean tuning side of the Hyundai Aftermarket, the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon/Tuscani V6 is not capable of running turbo boost. The Block over heats (even with CAI & Intercooler, etc.) and cracks. Alpine knows this, hence the supercharger is the only form of boost for this car. Oh yeah, and a supercharger is just as, if not more, capable of high horsepower than a turbo (for those turbo kiddies). Sure, alot of supercharger kits are constricting but most allow you to add additional bolt-ons for your car. Even the constricting SC ones allow you to run nitrous out of the box, and thats more than i can say about turbos. Sure turbos are nice, and so r SC, just realize that BOOST IS BOOST and stop dissing SC
Old 03-17-2003, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

*starts looking at watch, and does a count down before Random or Red comes in here and lays the smack down*

lol
Old 03-17-2003, 05:31 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

I could, but I wanna here Red's or Random's rants. They're more eloquent than me.

*grabs popcorn and a beer* lol lol
Old 03-17-2003, 05:35 AM

Hey skierd, pass me the jujubee's. wink
Old 03-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Oh boy...where to start.

V6 is not capable of running turbo boost.
Actually, it is. As you so equilently state, "boost is boost". It will take 6psi from a turbo just as easily as it takes 6psi from a supercharger. You contradict yourself. Get your facts straight...let's go on to the next part.

The Block over heats (even with CAI & Intercooler, etc.) and cracks.
The block does not crack from heat. The block is aluminum. The bottom main girdle is bolted into the aluminum block. The bottom girdle studs pull out from the bottom of the block, allowing the crank to roam freely (very bad thing). The girdle itself is plenty strong, it is the threading in the aluminum block that is weak. The block does not crack. Let me restate this. The block does NOT crack. The bolts pull the threads out of the block.

Alpine knows this, hence the supercharger is the only form of boost for this car.
Actually, Alpine does NOT know this. Alpine has NOT experimented, with a turbo on the V6. Their supercharger as worked so well, they have found no need to experiment with a turbocharger for the V6.

Oh yeah, and a supercharger is just as, if not more, capable of high horsepower than a turbo (for those turbo kiddies).
Yes, within reason. However the supercharger must be sized properly, and it must be the proper type of supercharger. The Roots Blower that Alpine uses will never give 20 PSI of boost. It's simply not big enough, and you cannot get a pully small enough. In that respect, SC's are limited by size just as much as turbo's are. Both are "capable" of high boost levels, assuming you pick the right hardware.

Sure, alot of supercharger kits are constricting but most allow you to add additional bolt-ons for your car.
Most SC kits are not very constricting, and SC's and turbo's allow you to run basically the same bolt-on's.

Even the constricting SC ones allow you to run nitrous out of the box, and thats more than i can say about turbos.
You can run nitrous with turbos, just as easily as nitrous with superchargers. That is to say, both will benefit from the cooling of the intake air charge and the increase in oxygen content. Many large turbos use nitrous to help the turbo spool at low RPM's.

Sure turbos are nice, and so r SC, just realize that BOOST IS BOOST and stop dissing SC
I haven't heard anyone "dissing" superchargers. Folks may be less than happen the the current offering of SC kits available for the 4-cylinder beta, but no-one that I have heard/read has complained about the V6 supercharger (from Alpine).

[ March 17, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 03-17-2003, 09:00 AM

:applause: smile.gif
and he said it w/o any flaming. now, for my $.02. dude, that was a pretty stupid post for your first one. tongue.gif way to establish yourself on the board. suicide
Old 03-17-2003, 12:33 PM

:standing ovation:
Old 03-17-2003, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

:agrees with turbulence and justin: smile.gif
Old 03-17-2003, 11:37 PM

Thats strange my post got deleted. Hmmm.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:01 AM

god...I just read this .

Eyeceman, I want the 20 seconds of my life you just wasted for me to read that utter cacca you posted.

:smiles at Random: Good work smile.gif