Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Nice new turbo option... complete but expensive.

Old 05-19-2002, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice new turbo option... complete but expensive.

In case the turbo systems in development don't come to fruit.

Greddy Korea has put together a VERY NICE and Complete system I have seen... for low power applications... around 220 - 300 wheel hp.

It has a nice Greddy turbo (forgot the model number), large front mount Greddy intercooler, exhaust manifold, all the piping, Greddy blow off valve, cast 8.5:1 pistons, 440cc injectors, enlarged fuel rail, Greddy fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump upgrade, catch tank, manifold cover, oil pan with welded oil nozzles, stock ECU reprogramming with SAM 2000, Greddy exhaust temp probe and gauge, Greddy boost gauge, all the connectors and clamps. They also have an optional single plate clutch and pressure plate available... probably only last about 2K miles with the additional power.

I was VERY impressed with the setup, Very slick and professional looking. Only thing is.... $$$. I think $5000-6000+. Someone on the US end could try to import it.... might be able to talk the price down, but I doubt it will go down by much.. very quality components.

Also saw the Turbo Kit by Spin Wheel. Not as complete and slightly more expensive... the only advantage was a cast manifold with an external Tial wastegate mount.

There are several of these systems in Korea now but I think only a couple of systems will survive... assuming the cops don't get p*ssed and throw everyone in jail. Aftermarket modifications in Korea are VERY illegal... and several of my friends have had to spend nights in jail while undergoing "friendly" interrogations for automotive tuning violations.
Old 05-19-2002, 04:17 PM

Cheuk!!
What kind of piggyback computer comes with the kit.You mentioned its a stock ECU reprogramming with SAM 2000.
What exactly is this.A reprogrammed chip for your stock ECU?
Also Geddy makes a nice piggyback computer and was wondering if it will work with the Tibby.Im not sure what model number it is but its blue in color.I believe it allows you to handle and program 440cc injectors,retard timing ETC.It works with your stock ECU.HAve you heard anything about this unit?
Old 05-19-2002, 07:33 PM

As I previously posted. The guys over here are getting better at tuning the stock MAP sensor ECU's... they have a SAM 2000 unit... the S stands for Siemens... that can reprogram the stock ECU (costs $4000)... some guys sell the preprogram with rough and rich base maps... the better ones retune it with a wideband O2 sensor.

Are you talking about the Greddy emanager? It does not control the timing and it intercepts the MAF signal going to the ECU... very much like the AFC so you will have the same problems. It's a good unit but not what you need.

Now, if you feel up to it, you could try to develop the Power Commander from the US side of things. How much electronics knowledge do you have? This thing would be perfect for you. We are still waiting for the units to arrive here in Korea but I bet you could get one from a motorcycle shop fairly quickly. I could hook you up with Shawn Fogg, who adapted it to his Supercharged BMW 1.9L Z3.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:28 AM

Cheuk in Seoul:
Greddy Korea has put together a VERY NICE and Complete system I have seen... for low power applications... around 220 - 300 wheel hp.

Aftermarket modifications in Korea are VERY illegal... and several of my friends have had to spend nights in jail while undergoing "friendly" interrogations for automotive tuning violations.
Cheuk, is this kit a bolt on for MAF equipped Tibbies? If so will it work only on 2.0l? I have a 1.8l '97 5 speed and know the 1.8/2.0 share just about everything (those that tell me) except for pistion dimensions.
And how in the world do you guys do mods if aftermarket tunning is illegal or how in the world do aftermarket businesses stay up? Guess i never noticed since the last time i went to S.Korea to visit my fam. (moms side). Then again, that was 1988 and i was like 7.
I'm glad i'm half u.s./korean. This way i get the best of both worlds!!

Rich.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:06 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

cheuk, do you have a contact person that you can talk to? do I go thru you, if I'm interested, not at those prices for sure, cause I calculate at least 1k is for the name alone, now that I understand the business side of tuning more... but I'd like more info, I guess I'll just keep on this thread
Old 05-21-2002, 10:48 AM

The physical parts should all fit with a MAF car but the programming will not.

The cops only shake the shops down when things get slow... need more payoffs... public concern.... But think about all the things done in the states for "off road" vehicles.

Batlord, I will try to find a contact number... I have to ask around... don't know the Greddy guys personally.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:37 AM

I think thats the number one problem with have for our hyundai cars, running boost.

An affordable fuel and ignition timing. Thats it.
Thats all we really need.

many ppl provide pistons and manifolds now.
Old 05-24-2002, 02:43 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

Any new info on this kit??? Contact or pictures?

YAM you think you guys can carry this??? maybe Sam can find out
Old 05-24-2002, 05:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Looks like I'm going to Korea in 2 months for a year, so I'll just wait and get one there. Heh he...
Old 05-24-2002, 05:48 AM

Hey hook me up with some stuff too smile.gif

Yeah I will probably be joining you, along with SSG.(P) Jones