Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

NEED TURBO QUICKLY!!!

Old 07-23-2002, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED TURBO QUICKLY!!!

Hi,
I need help badly!! I have 2000 tib and i want to get a turbo for it!! I cant find anywhere that does them. Can someone please reply to this and tell if there is anywhere that does them?

Thank you
Old 07-23-2002, 11:27 PM

ONe. Due a search. Ummm Thats pretty much it. THere is not alot of Aftermarket support (espically for turbo's) for our cars..

Good Luck
Old 07-23-2002, 11:43 PM

Hi,
Thanx for getting back so quick!!
Ive done a search on your site but to no avail.
Ive checked hyundaiperformance.com but there site is down so i sent some dude called Rob a mail. I cant find a single thing to do with it.
I know what you mean by after market stuff. It's really hard to get mods!! I cant even get chips for it that will do any difference.
The 4 branch wont make any noticable difference... If im wrong please tell me! I just want to get a lot A LOT more power out of my car. Any way at all.
Please help
Old 07-24-2002, 12:48 AM

you can get a turbo setup for your car for a few grand and then you have to have it tuned. There aren't any drop-in turbo's for our cars yet.

if you want power fast, on a stock setup, get a upgraded fuel pump and a 75shot of ZEX nitrous. that'll give you more power for alot less. then later you can build a turbo for it.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:02 AM

hey,

Idont mind paying a few grand! I just cant find one.
How much more hp will a fuel pump give me? And where can i pick one up. As for NOS i dont really want to have to keep on re-building my engine every 4 months. Especial on the roads in Ireland.
If i push the nos button and hit a pothole (Irish roads are terrible) I would be shot into a barrier only to be turned into a flaming ball of flesh
Old 07-24-2002, 01:04 AM

well a fuel pump would just let you get your stock engine to take a 75shot and not explode
Old 07-24-2002, 01:05 AM

Ok theres no point in getting a fuel pump then.
Do you know where i could get that turbo kit you were saying in the last post?
Old 07-24-2002, 01:23 AM

Alpine Developments in South Africa
Ballistic Racing in South Africa

Ballistic may not be doing complete kits, but they can get you a lot of the parts. Alpine is a *complete* kit, but it is lacking in quite a few areas. However, it may not be a bad starter for upgrades and such.

I believe there's a Greddy kit and another kit available in Korea, but they are like $4000 to $6000 complete. I wouldn't have a clue how to get one to Ireland.

Search on Alpine, Ballistic, UFB, and Greddy and it should get you some results.

ac
Old 07-24-2002, 01:30 AM

Excellent i'll give them a go.
Mod'ing a tib is a pain in the *ss. I bout 2 carera recliners (the top of the range ones) They nearly cost me £800 and sparco sub frames. I have to cut my original frames and weld the little piece at the front of the frame that slopes down on to the sparco ones so they will fit!!
Old 07-24-2002, 02:49 AM

Underlord:
Ok theres no point in getting a fuel pump then.
Do you know where i could get that turbo kit you were saying in the last post?
You are still going to need that fuel pump if you go turbo.