Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Need Some Help With Msd Coils

Old 09-12-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I bought some MSD coils recently from Eric and finnally got around at installing them today and run into a slight problem. MY problem is that I cannot find spark plug wires which can fit MSD coils and our spark plugs. Does anyone know which wires I can search for? I have tried contacting PRD to make some custom wires but got no answer for more than a fortnight now. Could anybody help me with ordering the right set of wires? hail.gif I can paypal you the money if anyone would order a set for me (I presume that it would be easier to order via phone than e-mail). fing02.gif

What the hell happened with this post it got posted several times and broke into small pieces my PC is playing some wierd stuff. Mod please delete unnecessary posts. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM

Holy quintuplepost batman! wink1.gif

I'd try to contact magnecore and see if they are willing to make you a custom set. smile.gif
Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM

Yeah, my stupid wireless keyboard is playing on me some wierd stuff. I have just sent a PM to the mods to clean up this mess.

Damn it takes five minute to write a simple post I hate this wirelss stuff.

Tried Magnecor also but no luck to get an answer.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:37 AM

Did you talk to them directly? How long of wires do you need? Are they equal length?
Old 09-12-2008, 12:19 PM

I sent them emails and never got any answer back. Wrote to Magnecor about a month ago and PRD a fortnigh ago. Can't really call them on a phone due to time difference and phone calls to the states are pretty expensive from here. That is why I need help from somebody who would ordered it for me and I will pay for it and shipping to Croatia.

As for the length, each should be a bit longer (1 inch) than corresponding standard one. No need for equal length as coils will be moutned at the same place as stock coils..
Old 09-12-2008, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I was able to get in contact with PRD about them before. They told me they were able to do it, they just needed the specifications.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:59 AM

^^Do you have that e-mail of theirs you have contacted them with? I wrote two mails but got no answer at all.

Could anyone do the call for me? I am ready to pay you for your trouble?

Or does anyone know any of the GM styles wires on the coil side that would fit our car on the spark plug side?

Old 09-13-2008, 06:47 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I have contacted PRD again. I will let you know if they contact me back. I could call Magnecor for you. If you could go to their website and identify the parts you need and lengths I will get them going.

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm
Old 09-13-2008, 01:04 PM

Thnx Java. I will take measures and let you know all of the info if I need help. I have sent an email to Magnecor in the UK this time. Maybe they will be faster in answering. If i do not get any answer back from them I will then let you know and ask you for your help with all of the info provided over PM.

Thank you once again. fing02.gif hail.gif
Old 09-13-2008, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

you need this.. and the good thing about it you can make 2 sets of wires..i used it and there is no problems at all.. none...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MSD-31199-S...emZ190245841283