Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Need pictures of SAFC2 wiring.

Old 02-07-2005, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pictures of SAFC2 wiring.

I looked at the wiring harrness yesterday to see how I will be connecting my wires to it, and it looked simply impossible. There is a 3" open piece with lots of wires that are in one big BLAH, so I can't imagine being able to find needed wire and even if you do find it how can you do something in such small place with no room at all?

Whoever installed SAFC or something please post pictures of how you did it and explain how you were able to do it.

Thanks

OP
Old 02-07-2005, 05:21 PM

Yeah, the plastic on top of the wiring harness slides off. Mine had a cable tie on the end I had to cut off and some electrical tape. Once you get the harness off the ECU and those two pieces off, you should easily see which wires go where.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:23 PM

Thanks guys. I did find a metal bracket that holds the harness and this big plastic piece that hides a lot of the wires. So, I guess I'll wait for the pictures to see what it all looks like and then will attempt to install my SMT6 myself smile.gif

thanks again

OP
Old 02-08-2005, 02:02 PM

I have cable smile.gif Thanks a lot Tim smile.gif

I guess I'm gonna have to pull it out of there. I tried before, but the metal bracket was holding that plastic piece there. I guess I'm gonna have to try harder, or is there another way to pull it out?

Now ragarding the colors of the wires, are they all the same( different years, different models) for beta1? Because I remember people complain that they coulnd't match up the colors because Hyundai messed it up.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:18 PM

There are some of the wires that are the same color, maybe a slightly different shade. I would definately NOT cut into wires without looking at the actual harness and counting pins.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:33 PM

QUOTE (a_gut)
There are some of the wires that are the same color, maybe a slightly different shade. I would definately NOT cut into wires without looking at the actual harness and counting pins.

is it possible to count pins and stuff in such close space?
Old 02-08-2005, 06:30 PM

Yes, the first row (widest) are pins 1-28. The middle row, which is the hardest to count pins, is 29-55. The last row (narrowest) is pins 56-?. If you have the harness off, the first and last rows are pretty easy to count. It's the middle row that's a bastard.