Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

My Turbo Manifold...viper Get In Here

Old 11-03-2006, 11:34 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

my manifold with the old motoria manifold (original design) i can use an internal wastegate
on other cars i've set-upped with ssautochrome, obx or similar design also use an internal wastegate
it's tight but it can be made to fit
Old 11-04-2006, 12:12 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

well... it was kinda similar snag on my log style...

the internal wastegate actuator was hitting the coolant tube/pipe attached in front of the block. so, i played/clocked with turbine a little bit and refabbed the internal wastegate actuator mount to make it work

then i figured, if someone get's a manifold that lets the turbo sit lower (i saw the obx, ssa ones), then they won't run into this snag that i did... but here we are back to square one

QUOTE (Viper966 @ Nov 3 2006, 01:43 PM)
nope, he had a spacer machined to do it trust me, i have t3 super 60 on one and it didnt fit, i spent almost 500 bux on parts for turbo kits that i have no use for and i had to eat that cost because of this

viper, was there anyway that you could have made an external wastegate port on them and go from there?
Old 11-16-2006, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 1998 hyundai tiburon fx

Sorry guys, I was running an external wastegate out of the exhaust side of the turbo by the bypass, separate from the main exhaust. And no I would not recomend welding a flange on this thing for an external wastegate if you are thinking about it. That little brace that you guys are talking about, I had my eye on it since the first day I got that piece of crap.

Patreezy, about the rims you have good taste fing02.gif , but i've had them pretty much since I bought the car brand new back in 12/00. so whos got whos rims??????? LOL

In closing, just be warned, save up some money if you do decide to get this manifold. You'll be needing it soon enough to buy another one........
Old 11-25-2006, 06:24 PM

yeah i definalt got that obx manifold and it was a pos.... the flange to the block was not flat, check that, i needed to grind it down also the studs did not line up and finally the to studs in hte middle hit the 2nd and 3rd cylinder exhaust port on the manifold.... i had to take out my studs and replace them with shorter bolts... i wont buy an obx product anymore...