Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

My Turbo

Old 01-19-2008, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oke guys, my turbo isnt working yet because i have to program the chip, they said it was pre-programmed but that wasnt, true. here are 2 pics of it.

i can program it in the second tuesday from today, more info then,

i also did my trunk this weekend, and some other stuff, here a pic of the trunk (temp till i have the time to make it from fiber) night pictures later.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:54 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Ziet er goed uit man!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Lookin good, sounds about the same as usual from Alpine, I hate those bastards.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:58 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

you need to run a piece of hose from the idle motor (thing you put a mini air filter on behind the intake manifold) to the charge pipe

the idle motor doesn't seal while boosting,so it wil lgive you a major boost leak
Old 01-20-2008, 01:29 AM

charge piping, u mean the pipe were the dumpvalve is installed? could that also be the problem of the 5th imjector? that keep giving fuel?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:22 AM

Looks good man.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Banned

looks like a nice clean install..

i still never understood why people still went with alpine kits.. they NEVER work out right (either crappy tuned unichip, or fitment) and they charge like 3500$ or something insane for such a low powered kit..

you need to take that small filter off of IACV, and run a piece of hose to the piping right before your TB.

although, i don't think that will help your awesome unichip issue with 5th injector injecting fuel all the time.

not sure which kit you got, but im guessing you went with the stage 1 (top line kit from alpine) but you could have gotten a custom kit made, with an easier to work with piggyback and nicer parts.

i just wish alpine would use a more convenient way of fuel tuning so they would have a TRUE bolt on, plug n play kit. the unichip is an AWESOME piggyback, but the problem is that there are minimal unichio tuners and that alpine sends it barely programmed.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:08 PM

i got the turbo with the intercooler from alphine., for the unichip, there is 1 dealer here in the netherlands that can programm it, so that is the place i will go in 1,5 week, so i hope the problem will be fixed then.

about a other setup, i asked so maney companies and garages overhere if they could do it for me, but no one could help me, except 1 garage, the had heard about alpine. here in the netherlands its hard to tune a hyundai
Old 01-20-2008, 04:34 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Actually, It might be pre-programmed. That IAC boost leak (the thing with the filter behind the intake manifold) you have got may be the problem. Like everyone else said, run that IAC to the intake piping. Your engine will hate the MAF sensor until you fix that leak. Your ECU will never get the right information about how much air is going into the engine.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Banned

there are a few turbo guys running it with the filter attached to the IACV though. and there are a few guys that are running it into intake piping instead of charge piping..

i don't think that is whats causing the unichip problem.