Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

My Injectors

Old 12-05-2005, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mmm I just simply don't like to play with the fuel system buying "used" stuff

Becareful and go with the idea of the voltimeter... also send them to get flowmatched and cleaned.... that guy could be a liar...

but....

If you are looking (or someone else) go to www.racetronix.com they sell High impedance brand new injectors.... works very very good....
Old 12-05-2005, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

^^^www.racetronix.com - I can see there only Delphi style injectors, that should NOT.

Siemens style there are over 55lb..
Old 12-05-2005, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

how would one check them? just use a multimeter on the 2 metal leads of the injectors? and it should be 12 ohms?

ok I cant edit that, so hopefully this merges. The injectors I have are a friends stock ones from a grand prix gtp. they are 33 or 36lbs (he dont remember off hand) and thinks they are 16 ohm. The plug LOOKS the same, but Im not positive that it is. If they would physically plug in, would they work?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

TibMin,
yes they should work if the physical dimensioin and electriqcal connector are the same then your stock ones
just be sure to check the impedance,must be 12 ohms and higher

most GM used high ohms,but,better be safe then sorry
Old 12-05-2005, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well i found out these are LOW impedence about 2.2 ohms
but i planned on using these for the second row of injectors so ill just hook up a resistor (setup like t4turbo pmed me)

im still wonderin if it would be easier to add a second row

or just quit being cheap and just put some 36lb injectors that i can actually use in
if i add the second row i can still remain stock when the boost is turned off...
Old 12-05-2005, 11:25 PM

Wich electronic would you use to control the second fuel line???

I got the racetronix 40L injectors.... they fit perfectly.... they are the exact lenght that my OEM injectors.... just with bigger "little" holes...
Old 12-06-2005, 05:53 AM

As mentioned earlier it would just be easier to add in a honda resistor box i have one laying around somewhere i can check the ohms on it and let you know if it will work. If you still have your greddy manual where it shows you how to wire up the injector harness on the bottom of the page for sub injectors there is a small diagram with a resistor drawn in. very simple and much better than working 10 or 20hrs to make up the cash for diffrent injectors. The extra 20 min of wiring just isnt worth it. All in all when you are finished the 12v power for the injectors to the wire going into the emanage should have between 12-20 ohms thats a safe bet if you can get it closer. there are numbers of ways you can wire in the injectors

series- 2 injecors wired in inj1 12v to +, - to inj2 +, -inj2 to the emanage with no resistor this will give 4.4ohms of resistance add in a 10ohm resistor inline and you get 14.4 (roughly will vary some .--)

Parallel- 2 injectors both + wired to 12v and both - wired to same grounding sorce (emanage) this will give you 1.1 ohm per feed to emanage then add in a 15ohm resistor and you get 16.1ohm (the closest you can get)

Either of these will work its just a matter of what you want to do Just look at ohms this way when wired in series (1 wire feeding through both 1 line ) you will double the ohm load (actually less current)

When you run them in parrallel you will half your ohm load (increasing the current) just be carefull when you have 2 already wired in and you try to wire in a 3rd it changes things you can read up more on this on the internet.

A good sorce for ohm load understanding is stereo equipment you know your 4ohm subs dual 2ohm and all the other stuff just like you can put less than 4ohm on some amps its the same for fuel injector controlers. If you need more info let me know this is interesting stuff for newbies.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:12 AM

well i havent actually purchased the emanage yet but when i do im gonna memorize the friggin manual lol

cool thing is when i build my new IM i just gotta add a second set of injector bungs and ill be fine...

ugh i never wanted to use hondah parts but if it makes things easier...

hehe cool thing with seting it up like this is if i turn off the emanage and turn off the s/c i can run in NA mode...so stock fuel economy....hehe
Old 12-06-2005, 08:43 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

you can write 2nd map for n/a and wire a switch to change program and to turn on/off s/c.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:26 PM

see thats the thing i dont even think i would need to write a map for NA....as the stock ecu would be runnin it