Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Map Sensor Install On Custom Turbo Set Up

Old 02-02-2007, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok... I hope you can all bare with me on this... I am new at the idea of piecing together my own turbo system.. However I am not new to turning wrenches. I have bought and read (twice) the turbo book by Corky Bell. My question is about the MAP sensor on a MAF tib.. I have decided after a little debate and chats with other members on here that i will most likely go with the e-manage blue. OK heres the actual question... What am i going to have to do with wiring..do i get rid of the MAF and run a MAP or do you run both and the MAP only comes into play during boost, but if so would that confuse the MAF at all?? Thanks and I did search for this but didn't find anything..
Old 02-03-2007, 04:49 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

you need to get you a GK ecu and map sensor. and re wire the harness that way you dont need the blue box that your talking about.. as for the wireing to the maf just cut them off..or use them for the map sensor wires
Old 02-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Banned

well heres what i did.. so far its working great. you will need to go with a dual fuel rail setup for this to work though..

your MAF and your ECU, are going to run all your stock stuff, fuel maps, timing maps and such.

your MAP, will run your secondary injectors for teh boost.

now that there are some people that can map the GK ECU, you might want to go that route, and rewire the car to be MAP, but that is your call.

i know the way i have mine setup, and some others on here, works, very easy to setup, and has been proven to work.

if you need more specific details, let me know.

btw, i am using the emanage blue, with the following: injector harness, ignition harness, MAP sensor and harness (and soon to be profec e-01) the software is VERY user friendly, and once wired up correctly, you can be boosting in NO time.