Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Man i am so close to finishing this

Old 04-03-2011, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Man i am so close to finishing this

Well i got my entire fuel system from socks on thursday, and have been no stop interrupted.... SO i had a little extra time tonight/morning and for the most part i am done.Got my clutch bled, had the manifold re-welded yesterday night i had a crack down the middle in the collector. So i got the turbo back on and oil drain hooked back up, but what do you know i found out i need a fitting i dont have to finish the feed line (jegs trip tomorrow). injectors, rail and fpr lines were a breeze. i Decided to use bolts instead of self taping screws for mounting the fpr so that took a little more time. vac lines are all hook up temporary till i make a vac manifold. The fuel pump is a little differnt than stock the plug wires and feed are swaped, so i had to bend the feed on the sending unit a tad but wasn't all to bad. Has anyone ever notice taking the sending unit out is alot harder than putting it in. lol. And so i proceed to do the hot side intercooler piping, and i came up with something but had to steal a 90 degree coupler from the cold side of the intake. (jegs trip part). I am about to fill up the radiator,put oil in,and be done for tonight.

Start here for the the short version

So what i have left to do is oil feed, one 90 degree coupler for cold side piping,weld down pipe, and fill it up with e85

And here are pictures

Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Noice! looks deadly
Old 04-03-2011, 01:15 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Let me know how the E-85 Goes, I am needing a tune and a set of injectors is all i need besides a piece of stainless for the pump to sender hat!

Yet, My car is pretty much scary enough with out E-85... yet... I think that would be awesome!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:40 AM

i had to turn the fpr way back just for this think to start. it is idling best at 30 psi. On e85 buddie.

had a few small leaks around the fitting to the rail. i tightened it and seems good now.

i took a video but dont know if im quite ready to share = D
Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

something to consider.. those injectors are rated at 45psi or close to there. if your at 30psi, the injectors are scaling down a lot.. the RRFPR will increase pressure with boost though.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:13 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Thats a nice looking setup!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:58 PM

i was also setting the fpr by sound of the engine. i just got the down pipe welded and will be getting the wideband on here shortly.

oh and socks it is partly because i havnt scaled back the injectors in the map yet.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

looking good man!!! your return line is in a much better place than mine!.....Post up that vid!,don't be shy,look at the crap I post lol...
Old 04-14-2011, 04:41 AM

So good news and bad news. I finished the car downpipe and all, drove it, and burned a hole in the oil feed line. DOH! i left the damn line lay on the exhaust manifold.

Made a new oil feed line looks nice but dosnt really match.

Oh and while making my new line i snaped a 12 doller -4an fitting geeeze that sucked.

I used a nitrous fitting so i could get oil pressure right before the turbo.(idk gives me peace of mind.)

So here are the pictures

So took it out again, once around the block and said you know what im pretty confident its ready for a passenger.

And off we go pulling great, vvvrrrrrrr psh vrrrrr. then baahaahahahahahahaaaaaaa loudness loudness. And no boost.

Get home and the damn bolts on the one side of the turbo to the flange started backing out.

No biggie tho i tightened up and all is well again. i mean only 2 little mishaps and shes alive and well.

I found an ***backwards way to advance timing if we need to with the aem fic btw. My car should hit the Car treadmill in a few weeks, but right now its just got a street tune on 4psi.

oh i guess i will upload this video for regit,or nvm, because the file is to big to email to myself.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Your gonna melt that cheapo vinyl mechanical oil pressure line if your not careful.