Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

A little birdie just told me....

Old 11-11-2004, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just Some Custom Interior

oh man the vision is exquisite.....
Old 11-11-2004, 12:52 AM

Default Re: DIY Aftermarket Steering Wheel

AWD would be good, but i would love a RWD, they are so much fun to dick around with.... laugh.gif...
Old 11-11-2004, 12:55 AM

Default Re: A little birdie just told me....

RWD is fun, but power to all wheels means you feel a hell of a lot more torque and pull when you take off.

Is there room for the differential set-ups? Has anyone seen the underside of a Tucson yet? If so, are the diffys huge?
Old 11-27-2004, 12:27 AM

Default Beta 2 Valve Cover Conversion Kit Pictures...

QUOTE (Cuda-Turbo)
wait ... how sure are you that its going 2 be available with an AWD option?

Just check out the Hyundai website it lists AWD being available on the V6 and 4 cyl versions. I am sure with a bit of research and hard work an AWD RD IS possible!!! At least we now have a tranny with output for a rear diff that will bolt up to a Beta right?? laugh.gif

You should keep up with the times, dude. AWD RD has existed...the WRC Tibs were AWD. Yes, there was a FWD Tib in the WRC, but there were two WRC AWD Tibs, both of which were championship rally cars.

And AWD is seriously not something extraordinary for the Tib. The problem is...if you bought yourself a Tib in the first place, you most likely do NOT have the wad of cash necessary for such a mod. Not trying to burst your bubble, but AWD Tibs are just out of the question for the majority of Tiburon tuners out there.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Texas Should Secede....

AWD would be nice...maybe Hyundai will follow the current trend and make a AWD wagon...j/k guys.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: What are the wheels made of?

Yes ArcticChill it has been done, but not stock on a Hyundai. Now with that part of the puzzle we can just swap out parts that are easier/cheaper to get to do the conversion. A big step in that area IMO.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent
Default Re: for sale.. took a bunch of stuff off be it goes to junk

[quote="ArcticChill"]You should keep up with the times, dude. AWD RD has existed...the WRC Tibs were AWD. Yes, there was a FWD Tib in the WRC, but there were two WRC AWD Tibs, both of which were championship rally cars.quote]

I actually contacted the people who designed and built the 1997 AWD tiburon that was driven in the WRC, its a AWD setup off of the Mitsubishi Eclipse, with the mitsubishi motor, he told me it costed $30,000.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:23 PM

Default Re: McIntyre Tib what?

AS far as AWD goes- I don't like it. I'll deal with a little traction loss as long as I don't have to deal with AWD power loss. Just my opinion, but after the quick launches, 2 wheel drive cars just go faster, it's how it is.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:27 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent
Default Re: 315cc injectors

defently not on the 2wd going faster, but i'm not gonna argue. Also hate to burst your bubble dweet, but AWD is only avaible on the V6 cyl. not with the 4cyl. yea i know, i'm upset also!
Old 12-03-2004, 07:44 AM

Default Re: FS:1st gen tib. OEM shark racing wing

QUOTE (1997tibby)
defently not on the 2wd going faster, but i'm not gonna argue. Also hate to burst your bubble dweet, but AWD is only avaible on the V6 cyl. not with the 4cyl. yea i know, i'm upset also!

No dude it is an option for the 5 speed manual with the 4 cyl. Check out the options chart:

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/Vehicles/Tucson/...cle_Details.asp