Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

lean situaton and boost problem

Old 01-21-2005, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lean situaton and boost problem

ok my car at 0 pounds of boost is running good but then when i getinto boost at three pounds it is ok then to go any higher it needs full and i mean ful har d throttle then it struggles and then jumps to my full boost 6 - 7 pounds but its like im hitting a wall little boost nothing like it stoped then full boost all at once could this be a lack of fuel? i just purchased a set of 310 injectors i have them and am waiting on tims safc .for fuel manegment now i have a vortech rfpr. if its not a fueling issue why does this happen oh by the way i have a 2.0 2001 tiburon5 speed. thank you
Old 01-21-2005, 09:17 PM

What type fo fuel pressure regulator are you running, is it adjustable or is it the stock one, if you have an adjustable you can adjust it to 80lbs of fuel pressure at an idle, it will run very rich but you can take it for a ride to see if the boost condition gets any better and if it does that would mean your not getting enough fuel under boost, this is only to test if you need more fuel so do not drive around like that for long. If your running the stock regulator and you wanna test the fmu you could hook a pump to the vaccumm line and pump pressure into it to see if the fuel pressure goes up at a steady rate. It really sounds like a fuel problem to me and the safc and bigger injectors would help out alot and you should get yourself a wideband o2 sensor like the PLX cause in my opinion it's the most important tool when running a turbo.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:43 PM

it is a vortech fmu it is self adjusting i dont think it is adjustable
tim from speed factor said that that my o2 sensor will be acurate enough to show me the general area that im running in. i was watching it today i have a autometer af gauge it was right next to lean like on the line and the lean red light was getting ready to come on so i stoped drivig.so i know i am ruunig near to lean or im boarder line
Old 01-21-2005, 09:56 PM

uhmm you are leaning because you arent using any type of AFC.. you can add all the fuel pressure you want but if you arent sending longer pulses to the injectors you arent going to add any more fuel
Old 01-21-2005, 10:01 PM

dweet tim should be sending me his safc2 i should have it soon cause in up in phoenix,i bought it from him and a set of 310 injectors so your saying when i put those on and tweek it with the computer it should run better?
Old 01-21-2005, 10:05 PM

if you tune it properly.. yes....
Old 01-21-2005, 10:28 PM

does any body have the wiring diagram for the safc? for a 2001 hyundai tib?
dweet do you have a turbo on your tib? if so have you run into this boost issue? or have you heard of anybody running into thee same prob?
Old 01-21-2005, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^
No offence mang, but we all know the tib is a Hyundai, no real reason to signal that out.

Also, do a search, we do have a wiring diagram up for it.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The Beta does hit a spot of no power and the engine leaning out @ 3500-4500RPM. Its just the way the computer is. A S-AFC won't fix that, the computer basically says "Screw you piggyback, I'm doing what I want" even after you tune it. JonGTR and several others that I know of have/had that problem. Is that where you are hitting your "wall" at?
Old 01-21-2005, 10:47 PM

hahahaha lol thats funy screw you computer ha, yeah i tihnk its more arround when i hit 0 to 3 pounds at full throttle so i cant push my car.it seems so slow....grrrr it might be 3000 ish ill take it for a spin in a minute to see .

thanks for the burn redzmang ive been dreading a putting in the place by you oh well #1 i guess ha are you going to vegas in july?

OK new info i drilled a hole for the sensor ,i doint know what its called but it has to do with the maf, it would go into stock airbox before the maf , any way i installed that today and no more cel andd the car is running close to lean but not in the red yet it is also liking the boost,as am i.smile.gif
also whe i get the computer form tim hopefully tonight or monday i should have my bigger injectors and a safc to tune the car with.,!