Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Kspec Manifolds

Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've searched.
tried: kspec manifold, kspec flange, etc. lol

what type of flange do the kspec manifolds use?
on kspec.com, all it says is fits most garret turbos.

im leaning towards a garret t3 for my build, w/ either a .42/.48 or .60,
i'd think 8-10psi would get me to my goal of 200-225whp.

will a garrett t3 w/ intenal wastegate bolt up to the kspec manifold?

i apologize in advnace.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

You need to register on their forums and start a topic related to your question.

One of the admins there will get you straight and you can let them know exactly what turbo you will be using, that way the flange will be correct.

I think you can also put the type of turbo flange etc. in the comments section of the purchase pages, but I am not sure.

Don't go with anything smaller than .48 on the exhaust housing.

Straight t3?

What size compressor?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:20 AM

now that you mention that, i do recall a post/thread where its says to let kspec know which turbo you're going with. i though that would only apply to the tubular manifols and not the cast manifolds.
at $349 for a cast manifold with your specifications of your own flange, i consider that deal.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Have you considered the OBX manifolds on ebay at all?

They are about 175 cheaper than that, but are rumored to crack, although I don't know of anyone on this forum that has had any problems with them, including myself (although I only have 500 miles on my turbo setup.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:02 AM

no i havent & i dont think i will consider an obx turbo manifold.

yes i've heard they crack. not only on tiburons, but on other cars out there too.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

the reason why we don't hear about cracked obx manifolds here is cause everyone that actually gets one gets the welds reinforced.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 AM

The KSPEC cast iron manifold is not a direct bolt on to a t3 turbo. The flange is ment for a smaller turbo. I had to get mine modified (have the bolt holes expanded) and bore out the exhaust collector. NOW I will say this from years of experience with a turbo on my car, a cast iron manifold is worth every penny. I've used the OBX Manifold, even welded with reinforcement, tried kspecs tubular, and both have cracked on me. For an everyday application its horriable because of the amount of thermal expansion, (shut downs and cool offs) all contribute to the cracking overtime. With the cast iron manifold, ive been going on over one year without a single exhaust leak, crack. It glows when I pull over 22lbs cool.gif but has never cracked on me (and I do WOT all time). Get the cast iron, its worth it!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ i've head a tim manifold /w jethot 2000 for quite some time now. enough to put on ~20k and I haven't had any issues out of it. I'm only running 10 psi though. that might be the big difference.

edit: just went and check by my topic dates! this month is my tibs 2 year boosted anniversary.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (dvanderk @ Apr 30 2008, 09:32 AM)
The KSPEC cast iron manifold is not a direct bolt on to a t3 turbo. The flange is ment for a smaller turbo. I had to get mine modified (have the bolt holes expanded) and bore out the exhaust collector. NOW I will say this from years of experience with a turbo on my car, a cast iron manifold is worth every penny. I've used the OBX Manifold, even welded with reinforcement, tried kspecs tubular, and both have cracked on me. For an everyday application its horriable because of the amount of thermal expansion, (shut downs and cool offs) all contribute to the cracking overtime. With the cast iron manifold, ive been going on over one year without a single exhaust leak, crack. It glows when I pull over 22lbs cool.gif but has never cracked on me (and I do WOT all time). Get the cast iron, its worth it!

I haven't heard of any maintec or System Upgrade manifolds cracking, ever, and I worked with Kspec and SFR.

As for the bolt holes for the flange, Kspec was ALWAYS sending out the wrong flange holes on their manifolds, I know of at least 3 or 4 cases of this happening.