Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Koyo Radiator

Old 07-24-2007, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if this is wrong spot.
I was thinking of getting a koyo,but dont know if it would fit.
Does any one know how much thicker it is from the stock one?Like width?
I dont know if I would have clearence where my waste gate is.I have like less than a inch from my stock and wastegate now.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I think there is a thread about using the Koyo rad thats made for the 01-03 Tiburon. Heard it pretty much goes right in with no problems or modification.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:43 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

This has been covered a couple of times already... do a search and you'll get some answers

Yamaha has one, i think socks as well along with a few more fellas here... pm them too
Old 07-25-2007, 07:04 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

The Koyo rad made for the 01-03 Tiburons fit the Beta 1 with no problems...............
I was the first one to test it on a BETA 1 motor and posted it on the forum if you do a search
Hope this helps smile.gif
Old 07-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Banned

i measured the koyo a while back, and i believe its a lil over 2X as thick as stock. i could measure it for ya lol.. but im lazy..
direct fit into our cars.. 100% direct fit.. you may want to trim the top coolant hose up a bit to make it fit nicer.

if you get the koyo, you will want to do what i did. mine stuck out far, and it hit (with car off), but i fixed it up really easily by pushing the top of my radiator towards front of car about 1/2". now i have no clearance issues, even under heavy torque.

if you have less than an inch now, its probably coming close to hitting with the motor under load.. if you put the koyo in, itll probably hit for sure... just get a koyo, and do what i did..