Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Kfx MAF to MAP ecu?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Tib1
Default Kfx MAF to MAP ecu?

Ok so here are my plans

I have a BetaII engine cvvt 20,000 miles out of a late 07tiburon . I ripped out my old wiring harness and ecu and currently in the process of installing the 07 harness and ecu

I have been looking heavily at turbocharging and when I save the money im going to build it on another Betta II

and i was wondering if anyone has used the MAP ecu From KFX http://kfxperformance.com/ixxocart/p...-2769-266.html

For there fuel management I'm not looking to go crazy boost just around 10-15 max or maybe even 7-11 psi

also I found where some said that the stock fuel pump will be fine for low boost but did not see any "MAX" on what the stock pump will do

Any opinions, options or direction welcome

Old 02-18-2011, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

I'll tell you the same thing I got told. "Save up and get a megasquirt, don't waste your money on that. You'll end up replacing it later anyway."

Also there are a few piggybacks out there that can clamp MAF voltage removing the necessity for a MAF. Or there should be something in the DIY section that informs what to do for a Beta swap.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

Im running the KFX megasquirt, best investment EVER. Ive f'd around with all the piggy back BS, and this is the way to go better performance and drivability. plus guys like me can give you tunes that can help you get started.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

I HIGHLY suggest you check your local emissions laws BEFORE you go with a megasquirt or any standalone for that matter. Where I live the testing station must be able to communicate with the ECU and not have any critical CELs. With a standalone you lose OBDII so you will not pass inspection in ANY state that requires it.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

what he said ^^^^

with the perfect power and FIC piggybacks, they work GREAT and you can still pass emissions with the right setup like its not even there.

with standalone you lose OBDII which i would always want to retain regardless of emissions.

piggybacks are very drivable and don't make any adjustments from stock until you want them to. things with piggybacks and hyundais are a lot different than they were 4 years ago when you needed to run a dual fuel rail, injector driver crap, etc.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

Good point guys . Lucky me in MT, we dont have to worry about that, so that wasn't even factored into my decision making.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

m Fic here... Zero drivability issues, no matter the temp. Runs great. Manages big injectors fine. Let you play with timing. Run 21 lbs of boost on a beta one, with a maf. And its a t3t4 50 trim garrett turbo. Car runs hard, never ran into any trouble.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tib1

cool thanks for all the input , I don't have to worry about emission test where I live. unfortunately my circumstance put my turbo projects on hold but. the good side is I get more time crusting my eyes over, reading info and planing my build

so far i haven't found anybody that has used the kfx maf to map stage one or two .. and don't think i will be the 1st to try it ... unless its free

the 3 I'm mostly looking at right now is the

mega squirt (most likely)

haltech (frigging expensive)

or AEM F/IC (still reviewing)