Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Jackson Racing?

Old 04-23-2002, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Jackson Racing?

Has anyone ever heard of them? Are they a good reliable company? Any info on them.

I am looking at a supercharger from them customized to fit a tiburon. I just want to know their reputation.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:17 AM

they are reputable company. however, in case of civics and miatas, their kits don't make the most horsepower reliably (especially without the intercooler).

oh yea i don't know if you are already in contact with them but i know of others who tried to get custom parts through them and got turned down.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:17 AM

JR is a very well respected in the Miata community. They also do Acuras and Ford Focuses too. I have heard nothing but good things about there products. Their superchargers are a little more expensive, but the quality is top notch. I've visited their facilities down in Santa Barbara...very nice indeed. Very professional people. It was more like a doctors office then a mechanic's shop.

I'm curious as to how you plan on adapting the SC. That should prove to be an interesting project.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:27 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Moving to the engine forum....
Old 04-23-2002, 03:38 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

A local performance shop has been the one doing all the leg work for me. They have the ones that have talked to them and supposedly it can be done. For what price? its not for sure yet. I have no definate specs or prices yet, but I hear that their intercooler ads quite a bit of hp.
Old 04-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Jackson racing does NOT make a superchager for the beta motor or the Delta(v6) motor.

They have been contacted many times, and they have always turned the project down. The Hyundai's just do not sell in enough volume for them to consider the project. Yes, they even turned down the chance to build a supercharger for the V6....

If you want a supercharger, go with the Alpine Devleopments kit, from CAPA or RPW.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:08 PM

random ur recoomending the alpine kit after yam had the problems he did as welll as xorro?
Old 04-23-2002, 03:25 PM

I think the only reason Random suggested it is because it is the only supercharger kit available. I don't think he is really recomending it. (but I can't speak for him)

I would suggest going with either a custom made turbo kit or the Balistic kit.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:47 PM

If you want a supercharger, wait for the SR one to come out this summer.
Old 04-23-2002, 05:27 PM

Jackson is one of the best for Honda's.

Every S/C from Jackson that I know of are the style putting it on/in the intake manifold. As far as I remeber (Random we had this discussion before if things have changed let me know) it is not a good thing to try running an intercooler with a S/C right with the motor. Something about half of the cylinders get nice cool air and the other half gets the very hot air with the S/C next to it.

S/C for with an intercooler needs the Z-engineering style which is basically a belt driven turbo, or a S/C that is at the beginning of the intake just after the air box like mine.

Still most of the Jackson S/C's claim 50 hp gains. Has anyone got a dyno on the Alpine S/C?