Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Interesed In Switching To Push Clutch?

Old 10-28-2005, 07:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

All the Accents, even here, are push style.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Accents had push type from the begining.

The 2nd gen Elantras and 1st gen Tibs equipped with the 1.6 Beta engine, had a Push clutch. I know the 1.6 Beta never made it to the US and Canada, but it did to Europe, South and Central America... I wonder if it arrived to Mexico... idk; maybe you can use that?

I wonder why Hyundai does such things, might it be for stocks/production capacity, etc, etc? (Besides, in the US almost 90% of cars are automatics, so maybe in order not to fill their dealer network with different type clutch, when they already have parts in stock for the pull type, they decided to keep it the same type).
Old 10-29-2005, 03:05 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

can you guys tell the newb in clutches (me), what are the differences and benefits between push and pull tupes of clutches?
Old 10-29-2005, 04:55 AM

zPush style clutches are able to hold more power for the same size due to higher spring pressures available. You cant just up the pressure of a pull style im unsure why (pressure plate flexing?) Also its cheeper to convert to a push style than to go to a radical 2 disc pull style. What is nice mits eclipse turbo has the exact same bolt patern as ours so we can bolt the pressure plate directly to our flywheel with some spacers and longer dowl pins. This gives us the capability of a 600ft lb of torque clutch without any expensive twindisc or any other radical changes. As far as the swithcing the arms we dont have them here but if you can get a stedy supply giong that would be awesome. Unless we can find another way around it modifying our own or somthing for now i just modified mine to get it working i will probley build a new one from scratch to feel comforable with it.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:38 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

as far as the parts go they are all hyundai OEM i dont deal with anything else. so how many people intrested in this. you all let me know.

and dmitry the push type is better you get more choices. also for years i was thinking the eclipes would work too.. also holding power with a push is higer. a pull type is easy on the leg and the retaing pin breaks easy and your TO bearing dies quicker because its always turning and a push type does not
Old 10-29-2005, 05:47 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

sounds great, awesome timing...i'm lookin for a new clutch, mine's slowly dieing on me.

I need to research this a lil' more and find out what the whole deal is and then see what's out there for aftermarket push-type clutches.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Mad John, you're awesome!!! hail.gif

You guys don't know how awesome this is.

I know Agarwal had a tranny that was converted to push with Accent parts, and he converted it back to OEM for some reason.
Here's his post. Look at the last post: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=8548&st=20

So I'm sure the Accent parts will complete the conversion. I bet I can get a ton of them from the pick n pull.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:49 PM

Converted it back because I didn't know the tranny was converted to push (got the tranny like the day before the swap/install), and had just bought a brand new pp/clutch.

I still have all the parts for converting it back, of course, so the next clutch is going to be push-type wink1.gif
Old 10-30-2005, 03:27 PM

Well took the car for a drive today on new clutch and it works great. Pedal pressure is a little higher than i would like but you cant get everything. Im using a Extreme act pressure plate for a mitsubishi eclipse turbo, and the 4 puck unsprung hub also for a mitsu eclipse. There were some pretty extensive mods to the clutch release arm, Flywheel, and Clutch pedal. I wouldnt recomend this install unless you have vast experiance with fabrication and have access or somone willing to do some macine work to your stock flywheel. I would be willing to do the modifications nesasary if anyone is interested. anyway it works and is a much cheeper option than a twin disc imported from korea Later guys.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:09 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

omfg. i hate you mad_john for not telling us earlier. drillsergeant.gif

joke.gif

this completely and absolutely fixes our clutch problem. SWEET.