Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Intercooler Help

Old 10-04-2005, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I am currently getting my turbo installed. Now everything seems to be going ok but my mechanic is having trouble trying to figure out how to make the intercooler fit. This is a speed-factor intercooler. Does anybody who has installed or has had experience with this intercooler maybe give me an idea on where to mount it, like a certain location, so itll fit decently? I know the bumper will have to come off to do it btw. Thanks.

*I did do a search btw and I didnt find what i was looking for.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:30 PM

contact speed factor...

post in the hp.com forums, he should be able to help you out.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:52 PM

Mounts right in the front... depending on the size, you may have to cut pieces of the bumper, etc.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:02 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

it mounts right behind the bumper support thingy (i forgot what is the technical name for it, it's the plastic piece that will absorbs the shock of the collision) on the metal part after it, it's a snug fit... you will have to unmount your evap canister in from of the rad and just leave it there it will be allright

at least this is how i got mine in... i will try post pics if can find them somewhere

hopefully that helps
Old 10-06-2005, 10:52 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

^^^
if you do it that way and have a stock bumper your gonna have to cut up pieces of the bumper fo sho

so swift, im not sure if you wanna do that

that's why people with bodykits fitting an intercooler are lucky... it's easy for them

if your not into cutting your bumper up, mount it like i told you... right behind that bumper support, onto the two metal brackets connected to the frame of the car... and you are going to have to unmount the evap canister and push it just a littel back into the rad

sorry, i couldn't find pics of my install... this would be easy to undersatnd
Old 10-06-2005, 11:14 AM

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate your help. smile.gif I also finally got into contact with Tim from speed-factor so he also told me how to fit it. Im sure everything will be okay now. Thanks again. wink1.gif