Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Injectors For Turbo Setup

Old 08-24-2007, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking into turbocharging my engine. My plan is to use a greddy emanage blue, then some larger injectors. I dont want to use a second fuel rail. I will upgrade the fuel pump to a gsx, and use a 14b turbo from an eclipse or an IHI RHB52w out of a probe. I want to boost around 7 psi. Since this will be my daily driver, I want a reliable system. what size injectors should I get with this system? I want to get a decompression plate, where would I be able to get one ? or do people on this site make them? Also would I need a fuel pressure regulator? I've done some research but on this site every system seems to be different so I am unsure exactly what I would need with this setup. Im going to intercooler it. Give me any tips on what to do?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

KSPEC turbo head gasket - $299

Seouful head gasket - $300

Well if you really really only need 7psi, you wont need much larger injectors if any injectors at all, a simple SMT-6 altering the MAF/MAP signal and a RRFPR will give you enough fuel.

Just make sure you have a wideband AFR gauge (Link) and a boost gauge (LINKY)

Now it doesnt really matter what boost gauge you get, but remember, you get what you pay for, and autometer sucks.

Now more than likely, youll want more boost, so id say grab some 400cc injectors which would be good up till 250hp or so, and 500cc for upwards of 300hp

As far as this being your daily driver, remember, it wont be nearly as reliable as stock.

The exact dimension of realiabiliy, depends on your quality of parts.

There is a nice little saying i believe is somebody's sig here.

If its Fast and reliable, it aint cheap.
If its Cheap and reliable, it aint fast.
If its Fast and cheap, it aint reliable.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:43 PM

I have read alot of posts and you seem to be a turbo tib expert Alex. Thanks for your knowledge. I have been looking through turbos that I could get off a factory vehicle. 14b is where I am leaning towards. Roughly 200 ponies is my goal. I guess the 14b comes stock with 8psi. So it mightbe a little more than 7. So more towards "Cheap and reliable" smile.gif But I heard the 14b is watercooled so I would be more realiable than just an oil turbo also.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Remember with the eManage you will have to make a new make from idle to WOT, which is not always the easiest thing. If your going to go on pure stock internals, I would highly recommend reading Maximum Boost. A 14b should be a nice turbo for 7-10psi max. I would run atleast 340cc injectors to be on the safe side. Your stock injectors will theoretically work, but I would upgrade them to be on the safe side. Boost is addicting, and you will want more. Be very cautious as this is your daily driver. Spend money on QUALITY products, and you will be fine.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:11 PM

More I research into Alex's system the more i am leaning towards it. I think i will go with the SMT6 instead.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have a decompression plate i bought off a guy here. I cant remember who it was though. It lowers compression to 8.7,1 It consists of 2 head gaskets and an aluminum piece. maybe someone on here can tell you more about it. Its still in the package that it was sent to me in. I can take a picture of it tomorrow if you are interested. I just need to get some batteries for my camera.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well i never said you shouldnt go with the emanage, its also a fine piece of equipment.

and as a side note im using the dual rail with the smt-6, mainly so theres no way my ECU will want to fight with my tuning.

Not to mention theres NO off boost tuning, the only fuelling i have to worry about is when boosting, never have a fuelling problem @ idle, or on cruise, or anywhere off boost.

(Plus its alot easier to get alot of cc's & its cheaper, 2 sets of stock injectors (250cc +250cc) yields 500cc's cheaper than buying 500cc's. Then when the time comes i need ~700cc's i just go out and get 400cc injectors and put them in the secondary rail; then i will have only bought one set of injectors instead of buying 500cc injectors and 700cc injectors)
Old 08-25-2007, 08:47 AM

How do you go about this second fuel rail setup...I might be interested in going this route instead.
Bass-Killz thanks for the offer, but I want to make sure I have a clear plan in which way I am going with this setup.
I havent decided wheither to lower the compression or buy low comp pistons because of my engines high mileage.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

if you have a high milage motor the first part you need is a new low miles motor. if you look around columbus you can find one for under 500. this part is just as important as as a quality manifold or buying a nice turbo. anyone else i'm sure will say the same thing. motors are so inexpensive that you might as well have one that will handle the needs of the turbo.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:23 AM

Im thinking about just getting a new head and going with either low comp pistons or a decomp gasket and new piston rings. My engine had a new oil pump, water pump, timing belt and pulleys replaced not to long ago and the mechanic said it was in good condition. All my miles are from running up and down the interstate 75.