Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Initial Startup

Old 11-12-2007, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the project is coming closer and I'm projecting to have it running again within the next 2 weeks.

Now- my downpipe sits about 3 inches too long to bolt up to the exhaust so, my flexpipe/exhaust can not connect along with the second 02 sensor edit: second 02 sensor after the cat of course, not sayingg the wires couldnt connect...

Should I drive it stragiht to the exhaust shop after i get her running?

Also I won't be able to get a wideband welded in untill I get to the exhaust shop. I'm guestimating that the shop is 5-10 miles away.

What should I do? Start it up and take it around the block and if it seems to be running fine go ahead and drive it down there?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:49 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

ehh, can you rent a car dolly and tow it there?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 PM

If you have changed ur fuel system such as ur injectors, you will be very limited on where u can actually drive to without a tune. Im sure your aware of this, or u may not even be upgrading injectors I have no idea really.
The wideband is def the way to get the most accurate tune, its pretty much a neccesity. Id get it hooked up asap tho as soon as u can. There are a lot of dyno shops that will instal them for u as part of the tune.

You'll probably find that with upgrading everything like u are there are going to be a few kinks to work out. I would get everything installed and then begin working all the bugs out, as appose to running it w out the wideband then tuning once its installed. You may find that by having everything installed 1st, you could actually have fewer bugs to work out.

If you need ur 02 wires extended, Ive never done it, but I beleive there is a DIY incase you end up going that route.
Im really excited to see how ur car comes out after all of this.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:30 PM

thanks for the tips

I've extended the 02 wires already, I'm not upgrading the injectors yet just trying to use a RRFPR and run about 5-6 pounds so there would be no real "tuning" except for adjusting the RRFPR if needed, if that plan fails I have unichip and the 5th injector set up might consider emanage since no one around here has experience with unichip, but I'd really like to stay low boost and not worry about all that.

I guess I could just tow it there, could they weld the wideband on the manifold and just put a welding blanket on my shit or have to have it completely off (probably depends on the shop but just seeing if anyone else had that done on the car)?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

You putting the wideband on your manifold? Shouldn't it be about 3 feet down?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:42 PM

I thought they were supposed to be after/near the first 02 but before the cat which is the downpipe, just said manifold earlier; I can't take my downpipe off without taking my mani off, well maybe but it would be worth it to just take the whole thing off. Correct me if I'm wrong about the placement.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Put it in the downpipe. You dont want it to close to the turbo and you should have it so it sees total exhaust.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:45 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

wideband sensor needs to be installed 18'' after the turbo
Old 11-17-2007, 12:10 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Turbo Tiburon

Here is a pic of where I have mine.
Works very well there.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the answers, I definitley would have mounted it early in the downpipe, I like where yours is bluespanishshark, should be really easy for the exhaust guy to do there.