Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

I4-V6 engine swap

Old 10-05-2004, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Stores

While drinking with some friends this weekend, we got talking about the V6 Tib and how it would be sweet to drop a 6 into our cars. One kid that I did not know very well chimed in and said it was possible. Granted, we were drinking, but this kid tunes cars for a living. Is this something that we could do? I thought the new Tib had a wider wheelbase than our cars. If this is even possible, what would need to be done to make it work?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:36 AM

Default Re: 1.8 cam in but now running sluggish

Why would you want to? For the same amount of money you'd have to use to put that weak thing in, you could turbo your tib and easily get 300 whp, if not more. If you're gonna pull a swap, swap a 4g36t in. If you don't know what that is, it's the Mitsu EVO engine.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:08 AM

Default will these fit????

DSM [Mitusbishi] 4G63T [Turbo]

Specs:

16-valve DOHC 2.0 liter
Bore x Stroke: 85.0 x 88.0
Piston Displacement: 1997cc
Compression Ratio: 8.8:1
Horse power: 210

This engine is found in 1G and 2G turbo DSMs, like the Eclipse, Talons, some Colt Hatchbacks/Mirage, & of course my favorite, the Lancer Evolutions.

You can porbably find one easily at a junkyard from a 2 gen Eclipse [GST]. Its gonna cost you about $2K for the engine alone though, then you got to factor in all the other components your gonna need, so even a mod like this can get pricey, but either way like Mr_Sinister stated, it would be $$$$ better spent than droping in a stock Hyundai V6.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Alpine supercharger....anybody have one???

i'm going to slap both of you with trouts smile.gif

im familiar with all 3 engines. Im most familiar with the 4g63t since I did a swap with it in my elantra.

4g63t swap will NOT work.. here is why. If you look at your engine bay the tranny is on the driver's side. Well in a 4g63t powered DSM the tranny is on the passenger side. Its 180 degrees off. So throw that out the window. Unless you have the money and boredom to try to put an Evo VIII 4g63t and drivetrain on your tib. If you do that you'll be the only one I know of and I'd like to know how you did it and the final cost smile.gif

The v6 swap. Possibly be done but not practical. Like mentioned above the money you'd put into that swap you could see alot more power out of using those same funds to boost the current I4 beta in your car. A much more practical project unless you want to be totally different adn weird and have money to waste smile.gif
Old 10-05-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: will these fit????

i'm going to slap both of you with trouts

LOL....I rather be b****ed slapped by a pimp than hit accross the face with a damn slimy fish.... lol.gif

Well....actually I never said it was gonna be easy or practical, but that it can be done it can be done....

More importantly, I think the point sinister and I were trying to get accross to planrforrobert was not to waste his $$$ on a V6 swap might as well throw it away or conisder an extreme swap such as a 4G63T instead.

Basically, swaping to an under-powered V6 is pointless, it be more practical to budget $4K total and get yourself a nice turbo set-up, with a stand alone engine management system and and the $4K budget should also allow the dyno tuning time for optimal performance of your set-up....
Old 10-23-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Re: *PICS* RD2, GK, LC2 and My RD1 (56k)

also keep in mind that alot of people dont want to deal with boost because if its reliability and is why they are always searching for engine swap ideas.. basically.. the tib has no practical engine swaps to be done.. so we're out of luck.. thats the only good thing about a honda.. engine swaps galore..
Old 10-23-2004, 09:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Scariest Hyundai Owner

^^^

You can't really say that man, we've got a few we can do, there is PROBABLY more, but Hyundai folks are just WAY to cheap to try.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:56 AM

Default Re: I4-V6 engine swap

^^^ a few like what? when i say swaps i mean i mean worth while swaps.. not to gain like 10 hp.. and practicality meaning spending adequete amount of money for the gains..
Old 10-23-2004, 09:57 AM

Default Re: I4-V6 engine swap

QUOTE (NightShark)
^^^ a few like what? when i say swaps i mean worth while swaps.. not to gain like 10 hp.. and practicality meaning spending adequete amount of money for the gains..
Old 10-23-2004, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Need Turbo Advice!!

QUOTE (NightShark)
also keep in mind that alot of people dont want to deal with boost because if its reliability and is why they are always searching for engine swap ideas.. basically.. the tib has no practical engine swaps to be done.. so we're out of luck.. thats the only good thing about a honda.. engine swaps galore..

if you are worried about the reliability withboost then you should have went with the corvette, because unless you go V8 there is no real way to get good power without boost. Unless you go with nitrous, but its a lot easier to ruin your engine prematurely and its not a constant power gain