Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

I Really Need Some Help Here

Old 08-15-2008, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

so i installed my 62112 msd dis 2 today and it started up ran fine idles perfect real smooth starts up quick too. but it wont let
me get of 2,000 rpm two step isnt on nether is any fuction except for nitrous control witch i havnt even turned the switch for it yet
i mean my wiring has got to be right if it runs and moves but not after 2 rpm i was wondering if i maybe need an ignition adapter
no i know you guys dont like people asking stupid questions but if you can just bare with me for a second and call me dumb lame whatever
later thats fine but i need some input

now on the tib 98 there is one connector for the 2 coil packs and thats what i hook up all wiring following the instructions to.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

holy shit that gave me a headache to read. Is this what you are trying to say?

So, I installed my 62112 msd dis 2 today. It started up, ran fine, idled perfect with a real smooth startup to boot. here is the problem i have right now, I can't get over 2,000 rpm.
1.two step isnt on.
2.no other function is either except for nitrous control switch which I haven't even turned the switch for it yet.

I beleive my wiring is right if it runs and moves but not after 2000 rpm. I was wondering if I maybe need an ignition adapter?
Now I know you guys dont like people asking stupid questions, but if you can just bare with me for a second andhelp me with my problem, just call me dumb, lame, etc. afterwards thats fine but i need some input

on the 1998 tib there is one connector for the 2 coil packs and thats what I hooked up all the wiring for while trying to follow the instructions.

there is no stupid question in my book if is hasnt been thoroughly discussed on this site or you are asking the same question in a thread that has been asked four other times. but how the HELL are we supposed to help you with your problem if we can't read what you typed?

next time you make a topic thread asking about a problem, make sure it can easily be read by all. fing02.gif
Old 08-15-2008, 09:03 AM

it might be a long shot, because I haven't used an MSD yet.

have you connected the speed sensor yet? because maybe... JUST MAYBE... the MSD likes to have the speed sensor connected... maybe it's 'launch controlling'... IDK... hell i dont even know if this thing requires you to wire the speed sensor, but I'm guessing to does because it has a launch control.

just to be clear, this is a very very wild guess. I'm betting this suggestion is 90% wrong, 10% right.

OR if you can, try to run the car without the MSD unit... just to see if the problem isn't on the stock/pre-MSD-intallation hardware...
Old 08-15-2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Try using an MSD tach adapter should help out.
I had this setup about 6 years ago and needed a Tach adapter with my 6212
Old 08-15-2008, 08:03 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Wow.............
That was possibly the worst, most spelling ridden, grammarless random string of characters I have ever read.

I'm not even sure what the problem is?
Idle?
Two Step??????
MSD?
Nitrous?
611121?
IQ?
Constipated?
Premature Ejaculation?

OK, sorry just kidding, but what is the problem exactly? Please rephrase (you should call a stenographer or something? tongue.gif ) I don't understand.....
Old 08-16-2008, 07:00 PM

So, I installed my 62112 msd dis 2 today. It started up, ran fine, idled perfect with a real smooth startup to boot. here is the problem i have right now, I can't get over 2,000 rpm.
1.two step isnt on.
2.nitrous step retard is actived when needed

I beleive my wiring is right if it runs and moves but not after 2000 rpm. I was wondering if I maybe need an ignition adapter?
Now I know you guys dont like people asking stupid questions, but if you can just bare with me for a second andhelp me with my problem, just call me dumb, lame, etc. afterwards thats fine but i need some input

on the 1998 tib there is one connector for the 2 coil packs and thats what I hooked up all the wiring for while trying to follow the instructions.

so i played with the dials and found that it will run normal if i set the max rev to 9900(soft max rev so it isnt actualy taking it above stock rev limit) but 2 step isnt on so im confused on why it would do this
i used a tach adapter and nothing good game from it sept a redline of 4 rpm due to misfire in cyl 4.
i took off the tach adapter it ran fine again.
the reason i am here now is becuase when i spray it dose not pull like it did before the msd.
the nitrous has been hooked up for months now and has never given me problems.
so i am wondering if it may actualy be a malfunctioning msd.

and i dont see how posting more than one remark about a bad posting is going to help.
The first person brought it to my attention and i couldnt figure out how to edit it,
but jumping in on a conversation just to say i have done somthing wrong
after it had been brought to my attention once isnt helping.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 AM

Did you try running the car with the MSD bypass plug installed to see if it runs like it did before the install?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:38 PM

so if it dose run better with the bypass plug what dose that conclude bad msd?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 AM

It could mean a bad MSD, but in my experience that rarely happens. I would say that something is wrong with the wiring or the configuration setup.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned

wait, you got a 500$ ignition system to help with nitrous on your tib?!!?@?!@#!