Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

I Need Help Asap

Old 10-16-2007, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi i just installed the sfr stage2 super and i drive a 2005 tib gs and the kit requires a maf to map conerversion and the kit came with sfr reflashed ecu i am going to run my car with air ram also and right now i need to find out how to wire the map sensor or a way to put the map sensor on my gk.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

doesnt it come stock with a map sensor?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The only USDM tibs with a MAP sensor were the 03 I4

The V6 and 04+ I-4 are all MAF sensor'ed

To the poster, assuming their are enough wires on the maf sensor, you can splice the maf sensor wires onto the MAP sensor and then find the pins for the MAF sensor signal and change it to the pin for the KDM ECU, but there may be more to it. Let me see if i can find the pins on webtech...

I know for the RD Keifco MAF to GK seimens MAP based swap there is alot more to mess with but it may just be for the RD.

ok the information on the MAP sensor based ECU is for the 2003 I4, which i believe is siemens, but i dont know for sure if its the same pin-wise as the KDM GK that your getting from SFR, i'd assume so but im not 100% sure.

The MAP and the IAT are a combined sensor on the 2003 I4 tib, the MAP sensor signal is pin 60 on the ECU and pin 1(far right) on the sensor, it draws power from pin 44 on the ecu which is pin 2 on the sensor (far left), the IAT signal is pin 56 on the ECU and pin 3 on the sensor (middle left), the combined ground for both sensors is pin 48 for the ECU and pin 4 for the sensor.

The pins for the Maf on the 05 GS are on webtech somewhere but my comp is freezing right now so youll have to either find that or wait for me to try again later.

You may be able to get some help from SFR..
Old 10-16-2007, 11:08 PM

wow that was insane lol thanks a lot but if you can, can you please draw a diagram lol visual learner tongue.gif