Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

HKS BOV Fluttering: No Pshhhh

Old 02-07-2011, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Sonata
Default HKS BOV Fluttering: No Pshhhh

Hey my HKS BOV flutters instead of making the PSHHH sound. I can loosen the screw all the way and it still remains sealed. At 7 PSI some say that's normal, but when I read other posts of people saying that theirs stays open all the time I don't know what to believe. I hooked it up to the vacuum manifold that's hooked up to the brake booster line.

At full boost is gives off the short Pshhhhh but then flutters the rest of the way. This is why I felt there might be a problem.

Questions:

Is the fluttering a good sound...Is it safe...or is does it mean something else?

Is there a way to adjust it since my adjusting screw is all the way out, such as opening it up and clipping the spring.

Or should I just set it and forget it?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

hks make the To totototo... sounds they dont give you one solid pssshhhh.... they are a high pitch psh to tototo!!!

If you make a video we can say wither it is the Nature of the Hks of compressor surge!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Under fool boost when you left off whats it sound like? Make a video.

Under normal driving it will flutter since there is not much boost releasing. At idle is the BOV closed?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2006 Kia Spectra5

Originally Posted by Turboron_99
.... they are a high pitch psh to tototo!!!

That made me smile ...

You have access to a compressor? You could use it to find out when the BOV opens up ...