Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

High oil pressure pumps

Old 03-02-2012, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tibby
Default High oil pressure pumps

Does the stock oil pump give enough oil to a boosted engine or is it a good idea to get one that pumps out higher pressure? If so where do you get one? Do most people use some kind of oil pressure gauge on their set up so they know how well the engine is handling the extra horsepower?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

Many people with boosted RD tibs have rocked the oem oil pump without issues. But higher flowing wouldn't really be a bad idea when it comes to boost, just not a requirement. There is a company called Toga that makes high flowing pumps for us though, do a quick google and you should find it.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

I blew 2 stock oil pumps,because of other issues, both times my oil pressure guage is what saved my engine, I watch my guages as much as i watch the road and shut her down soon as the guage told me "uh oh!"... I thought about getting a toga, but my oem now is fine @ over 300 hp.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

They don't make high pressure, only high volume pumps and its not needed unless you run a high volume engine oil cooler. I had to put one on my tib because without it I noticed the oil pressure drop when road racing with the high volume oil cooler and stock pump.