Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Help Me Experts!

Old 12-29-2007, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I just dynoed the car. It made 270whp (269.something actually) at 11 psi. Problem is, the ECU does not respond to the inputs on my SMT-6. Later on, I found out that at a value of "30" on the analog map (where my peak boost and high RPMs are), the smt is already sending 5V to the analog out.

I hooked up the SMT-6 in such a way that the analog deflection is pressure sensitive, meaning an additional 2 bar MAP sensor is controlling it. I have a T3/T4, low-comp pistons, 440cc injectors at the primary rail (no secondary rail), 255lph Walbro Pump, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

I know this topic has been asked so many times but I think my ECU is quite different. See, it has 2 rows of connectors. No MAF (just a GM MAP sensor in the firewall), no knock sensor, no 02 sensor.

I have read a lot about having a dual fuel-rail setup but I was wondering if that would really be the solution. Would installing an E-Manage Blue help my situation thru its injection maps?

Please help! smile.gif The block is good for 20psi and I cant wait to reach 300whp+... Thanks a lot guys! smile.gif
Old 12-29-2007, 10:50 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Hey 'tol kumusta na?

The MAP sensor is already maxed out and it wont get any better even you change your fuel tuner. Some solutions for you are to go larger injectors, do a dual rail setup or even go standalone.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Jay-M @ Dec 29 2007, 12:50 PM)
Hey 'tol kumusta na?

The MAP sensor is already maxed out and it wont get any better even you change your fuel tuner. Some solutions for you are to go larger injectors, do a dual rail setup or even go standalone.

im alright kabayan hehe smile.gif

if i go with a secondary fuel rail, would I need to upgrade my MAP sensor to a 3 bar one (target is 18-20 psi)? Thanks smile.gif
Old 12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

you dont need to upgrade your stock one, you can keep it as is. you'll need a 3 bar one though, but it is completely seperate entity from the stock one. say, did you get a CEL at all right now about the stock MAP? (some MAP cars will throw a CEL if the stock sensor senses more than 1 psi)

you need to re-configure the SMT-6 connection when you "upgrade" into a dual rail. look into my wiring diagram here. you'll also see more info about the secondary MAP sensor needed

maganda itong setup na ito, virtually you can go as high boost as your block can take, kase the stock and the secondary injectors can work together to give you the fuel that you'll need. also, vey smooth yung arankada at medyo matipid sa gasolina. yung ano lang is you'll need to retune and start off fresh as fuel maps mo, pero pwede kong ibigay sa iyo yung sa akin; MAF based ako pero it's under the same 1-5 volt rule, fine tune mo nalang sa settings mo.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:29 PM

^^^yea what he said fing02.gif
Old 01-01-2008, 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Jay-M @ Dec 31 2007, 11:41 AM)
you dont need to upgrade your stock one, you can keep it as is. you'll need a 3 bar one though, but it is completely seperate entity from the stock one. say, did you get a CEL at all right now about the stock MAP? (some MAP cars will throw a CEL if the stock sensor senses more than 1 psi)

you need to re-configure the SMT-6 connection when you "upgrade" into a dual rail. look into my wiring diagram here. you'll also see more info about the secondary MAP sensor needed

maganda itong setup na ito, virtually you can go as high boost as your block can take, kase the stock and the secondary injectors can work together to give you the fuel that you'll need. also, vey smooth yung arankada at medyo matipid sa gasolina. yung ano lang is you'll need to retune and start off fresh as fuel maps mo, pero pwede kong ibigay sa iyo yung sa akin; MAF based ako pero it's under the same 1-5 volt rule, fine tune mo nalang sa settings mo.

I'm very sorry but I have no idea what a CEL is lmao.gif

And thanks for the info on the MAF Sensor, I was beginning to think that maybe if I adjust the Max value of the analog out wire from 5V to say 6V ( I was beginning to think that the GM one reads up to 5+ volts. After I read this post, I double checked and true enough, it read 4.86V at 0 psi)...

My tuner suggested to me to at least try E-Manage first, mainly because he says the E-Manage can put in additional voltage pulses for the injectors on top of the E-Manage trying to fool the ECU. I'm not sure about this though... 02.gif

But I think I'm pretty much sold in the secondary fuel rail so that no electronic failure can occur again (mechanical failures are alot easier to repair for me)

So are you still using your stock injectors in conjuction to additional injectors? If so, are your additional ones 440cc also? And if you can give me any input on whether or not my current setup + the planned secondary fuel rail plus Fuel Reg can reach at most maybe 350whp? My car did a ~270whp at 11 psi on a T3/T4 (0.50A/R) and 255lph walbro.

Again, MARAMING SALAMAT man cool.gif
Old 01-03-2008, 09:52 AM

CEL - check engine light

HTH
Old 01-06-2008, 07:20 AM

my friend/tuner is going to install a E-Manage sometime, will update you guys if it works on my car smile.gif