Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

help with boost gauge and oil return

Old 12-21-2012, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02/Hyundai/Elantra GLS
Default help with boost gauge and oil return

this is my first turbo and ive already learned a lot from mistakes and incorrect or not enough info so im hoping someone can help me out will these 2 questions so I can finally get my car out on the road

1. were exactly do you need to or can tap the intake manifold for the boost gauge?

2. my turbo on the first start up looked like it ran fine but after closer inspection had oil coming out the seals this is prob due to the fact that the return and the feed line are both the same size when the return should be 2x bigger then the feed but anyway were is the best place to tap the oil pan or place the oil return line.

any questions please ask
Old 12-22-2012, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Boost gage can be connected to any intake hose that is direct to the vacuum. Just pick a hose, cut and inset a tee. Use cable ties to keep the hoses tight on the tee.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02/Hyundai/Elantra GLS

Originally Posted by Red Raspberry
Boost gage can be connected to any intake hose that is direct to the vacuum. Just pick a hose, cut and inset a tee. Use cable ties to keep the hoses tight on the tee.

so like the brake booster vacuum line?
Old 12-22-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

A bit bigger than what you need and it should have a check valve so the splice needs to be before that. You really only need a small hose for the gage.