Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

HELP!!!

Old 03-09-2006, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default HELP!!!

Ok, my car is having a major problems, all of which are beyond me...

I finally got all of my turbo stuff installed today, start it up, and everythings working just fine. or so it seemed. Rev it up a bit, bov sounds a lil bit, and then the idle drops way down, bogs, and almost dies. I eventually figure out that the 1st gen dsm bov is the source of this problem, under any amount of vaccuum it is open a bit and the air the maf read is not getting to the engine. Put your hand over the opening and wallah! problem solved. I might pipe it back in, but i thought for sure people had run them without recirlculating. can anyone help me here with how to solve this problem? (preferable without recirculating since it would be kind of a challenge with my setup)

Well after we figured that out, it was time to take 'er out for a spin. give it some gas and everything appears to be running fine. Eventually get on it a bit and get the boost pumpin. goes up to ~3psi, everything seems good. step on it again, starts to pull pretty decent then WHAM! fuel cutoff or something... right at about 4.5psi. felt like i hit a wall. I looked over all my stuff again and it seemed fine. I thought maybe it was a fluke so i took it out again and same story. I have no idea whats going wrong, everything seems perfect. no CEL's either.

My fuel setup is only a gsx pump and a vortech 12:1 fmu. Its not much, but it has worked for several other people. alex01tib is the most recent example. Seriously what could be causing this!? maybe a faulty fmu?? I thought maybe injectors, but they are supposedly good up to 8psi, and for sure more than 4psi...
Would the placement of the IAT or MAF make any difference? I wouldnt think so... but i also wouldnt really know and i have no idea what it would be. Im super bummed and even more stumped... PLEASE help!! Thanks
Old 03-09-2006, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Well, would you be able to tell us exactly what your setup is? As precisely as you can, because we'll need to know exactly how you've set things up under the bonnet.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well for starters, here are some pictures:

and I have a small t3, .48 a/r and 50 trim i believe...

re-enforced obx manifold

2.5" charge piping

6"x34" johnny racecar fmic

1g dsm bov

vortech 12:1 fmu

gsx fuel pump

yeah, thats about it for the "bigger" things. any one have a clue??