Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Greddy Emanage Ultimate

Old 08-14-2006, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hey guys is there any reason I should not get a Greddy Emanage, I messed up on the SAFC II but I have the opportunity to get a Greddy Emanage and time is a factor. I know you dont like when people make posts about topics already discussed, I am sorry but Im on a strick time factor right now and I just dont have time to search. I have work in about an hour and I wont be home until 11 tonight and then I have to be up by 7 for work again at my different job. I would really appreciate your help, ty.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

get the emange blue if i remember correctly t4turbotiburon had a problem with the way the injectors fired i think it would keep them stuck open at 100% duty cycle
Old 08-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

same thing happens with the blue my mang.. its something with how the software acts with our ECU. get the ultimate or blue.. depends on what you are aiming for.. the blue will work tho.. ultimate just has TONS more possibilities..

'i have blue and had same injector problem' tried changing wiring, same prob. now i just run with 2nd fuel rail and sub injector map.'
Old 08-14-2006, 08:54 PM

the injector problem you guys are talkin about with the emanage, does it cause a slight hesitation or jerkiness when hitting boost? and only on partial throttle but seems fine at WOT?
Old 08-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Banned

no u CANT use the injector harness with emanage, u NEED to run dual fuel rails with the sub injector harness, unless t4turbotib or denist has come up with a fix yet for it..

the additional injector map CANT be used..

theres no hesitation in mine using the dual fuel rails, that i can tell. i dont run uber rich or lean at any point in the rpm band at WOT.

if ya dont understand night, PM me and ill explain EVERYTHING ya wanna know about using emanage..
Old 08-14-2006, 10:24 PM

^^^ the only thing i want to know about it right now is if those symtoms that i explained above is what happens when you're not using a dual fuel rail.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:29 AM
Banned

well if you dont use dual fuel rail, you CANT use the additional injector map.. car wont drive, at all.. well it will but itll bog like a motherfvcker lol.. trust me..

theres no other symtoms, but you wont really be able to run much boost at all without the dual fuel rail setup.. btwn not being able to run additional map, and our awesome stock ECU, you wont be able to do much.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:26 AM

^^^ what about bigger injectors?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Banned

well itll work with bigger injectors, and just adjusting the correction, and you can use the lil knobs on the front of emange, but talk about a crappy way to tune.. lol personally, i wouldnt run over 5psi on a set up like that.. i didnt have much luck with the bigger injectors in stock rail, i tried tuning it a bit that way first, before i set up the dual rail.. didnt work well.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:34 AM

First off the emanage dost work effectively on our cars you cant use ignition timing or the ADDITIONAL Injector map as is, The ignition timing I posted a fix for that a while ago as far as the Additional injector map it has somthign to do with the stock ecu seeing that the signal from the injector is getting grounded by the emanage (emanage adding additional fuel) and then locks the injectors at 100% duty cycle. There is a possible fix for this with a diode but has been untested. If this is the case it is a very simple fix but I currently switched to a standalone and have not done it somone else would have to give it a try.