Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Godspeed wastegates

Old 11-06-2012, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent
Default Godspeed wastegates

What do the turbo pros think about this wastegate? Seems pretty cheap

http://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-Waste...8+mm+wastegate

Product Features

GODSPEED 38MM GT-SERIES 38MM WASTEGATE (universal)

- comes with 7psi waste gate spring ( fully adjustable ) - dual port. accurate boost - ultra durable diagram (diaphram)

- comes with all the hardware (bolts, gasket etc) - accurate boost pressure

- high quality appearance - 1 year warranty ( if installed by professional) - comes with additional 11 psi, 15 psi springs

this wastegate is only 4.35" tall. very compact especially good for customer working with small / tight engine compartment.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:57 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm usually pretty wary of products advertised as "Product!!". it is quite inexpensive, and it could work. I don't see any vacuum ports on it though. I'm using a Tial 38mm, it did cost more, but i only had to buy it once. another thing to keep in mind, the low profile diaphragm also means limited range of motion for the valve. From personal experience it's better to buy an expensive part than several cheap parts.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

I also use a Tial however ive taken apart an Emusa knockoff and compared it to the one I have...IDENTICAL!

A wastegate is just a heat resistant blow off valve with a a few springs and a heavy duty diaphram. The Emusa had a cast iron body where my Tial had a stainless body.

I wouldnt be afraid to purchase one of the Godpseed wastegates.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai x3

What damage can be caused by the wastegate failing???
Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

um unregulated boost causing explosions?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 AM

that was my thoughts... i was just making sure... so a crucial part in the chain that if it fails you lunch an engine... yeah that sounds like a great place to cheap out...
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

^ok well let me put this into perspective for you then Mr.WillyStyle, Tial outsources for their diaphragms which is the most crucial part of the entire wastegate, Emusa and Godspeed get their diaphragms from the same place that Tial does. What makes Tial stand out from the rest is its nice stainless steel body, there is nothing different from one company to the other in terms of function. A wastegate and BOV are the simplest pieces, body->spring->pressure valve/diaphragm->vac/boost port.

If you want the nice shiny piece that says Tial, Turbosmart, HKS, Greddy than go ahead. I personally have a Tial but made the purchase while I was in Afghanistan Where I had all sorts of money to play with but very little access to the internet. Should someone with lots of experience in the boost world had told me the differences between the two companies I would have made a less expensive investment.

Take it or leave it, we arent talking precision machining like with a turbo...save your money and invest in a good brand name snail.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:53 PM

cool that was the answer i was looking for... as somebody without a turbo looking to do this in the future it seamed crazy to trust my engine to a cheap part... but as long as the diaphram is of a good quality and the spring assembly dosn't fail cheaper is an option... thanks for explaining it for me!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

what slow2k2 said X10.