Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

forced air induction/ other mods

Old 04-29-2002, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forced air induction/ other mods

i have a 2002 spectra and im trying to find out where to get a turbo/super charger for my vehicle and other performance mods for my vehicle im haveing trouble finding any information for any mods for my vehicle. please help
Old 04-29-2002, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Modifing out the Spectra is going to be difficult.

If I'm not mistaken, Shark Racing should have some bolt on products for your car within the next 1-3 months. (CAI, Headers, etc)

A turbo kit is probably going to have to be custom manufactured. If you are serious about a turbo, pick up the book "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell. That should teach you most of what you need to know to get started building your own turbo.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:41 PM

i was thinking of custom building centrifugal pro chager for my car the only problem im having is finding a place to mount it and most prochagers run off sepentine belts and mine has 2 vee belts so thats my main problem..i was possibly even going to build a custom ram air induction for my car it doesnt seem to be too difficult...would i get any gains from ram air?
Old 04-30-2002, 02:15 AM

correction::it doesnt run off 2 vee belts it runs off of 2 thinner serpentine style belts
Old 04-30-2002, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Please edit your posts rather than double posting.

A low pressure supercharger would work off a thinner belt, however, if you plan on running more than about 5-6 psi, you would need to run a thicker belt to get more speed out of the supercharger without the belt slipping.

Mounting the supercharger would also be a problem.

Ram air induction has limited value in a street car, as you are rarely going fast enough to produce any noticable ram air effect. Also, "true" ram air setups need the ram air openings in front of the car, in the high pressure air zone to get any real ram air effect.