Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Fmu,bov,wg

Old 08-16-2005, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Fellas,
Jon i got the vacuum manifold and this is what im doing. Running that and out of the 6 ports going with

Fuel Pressure Reg.
Boost Gauge
Wastegate
BOV
FMU
Brake Booster.

Now all im confused on its the following

Alright im going to be running a Turbonetics Evolution Instead of the Tial so there is a line on top and on bottom. So one will run from the Box to the top i believe and same with the BOV. So the 1 left on the BOV and WG where do they go. Help me out guys and for the SS lines does it matter what ones i get. Let me know.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I think I'm gonna make the FPR have its own source and everything else come off the Eagle manifold. You need to measure the lengths and fitting sizes to have someone make the SS lines for you.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:53 PM

Alright so where does the other openings the 1 left on the BOV and the 1 left on the WG go.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

not to be mean man but if you don't know where the other openings go are you sure you can install it?? maybe some more research is needed.

btw, the wastegate needs to be dumped back into the downpipe thats how it works, it routes the exhaust gas around the turbo. The bov can be left open if you want the woosh or it can be tied in somewhere else, like the intake.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:26 PM

Hummm...post pics of your WG and BoV...there should only be one port. I've been looking around for pics of the Turbonetics Evolution WG...couldn't find any good pics of two ports. Post pics.

Edit: ^^ Supercow is right about the BoV. You can recirculate the BoV rather than blowing off into the engine compartment...but I don't think that's what he's talking about.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Actually a lot of BOV/WG's have two boost sources. The other is just "extra", for added "response".