Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Flexible Custom Turbo piping?

Old 06-17-2002, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flexible Custom Turbo piping?

I ran across this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1835888846

I know there's alot of piping involved in turbo's. But would it be feasable to run about 7-10psi of boost with this stuff? It probably would be better wouldn't it?

You'd still need a section of metal to install a BOV on it tho. Or would it be possible to have the BOV installed on the intercooler?
Old 06-17-2002, 04:24 AM

That's just used as a connector between metal pipes in a turbo setup. That stuff is great, won't break down, and can handle a lot of boost.

However, you will still need bent metal, expansion joints, and some flex adapters for the internal piping.

the expansion joints are important to absorb the twisting engine during acceleration. The flex adapters (or reducer couplings) have to be used at the TB end (unless all your piping is as wide as the TB inlet, not recommended).

Good luck,
ac
Old 06-17-2002, 01:18 PM

Decker I can get that stuff all day long! Hit me back and I 'll tell you were you can get it in the ATL area!!!
Old 06-17-2002, 10:21 PM

thankx, i'll keep ya in mind