Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Finding A Turbo: How Do I?---help---

Old 09-15-2005, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Asking all the questions like where can i get the whole setup?

What are the appox gains?

What tools do i need?

Most important, where can i get the setup for around $3000 or less?
Old 09-15-2005, 06:59 AM

i dont know SH*T about turbos lol but i do know you just opened up a can of worms. what people will tell you is to research the whole turbo setup, learn how it works and learn how to trouble shoot, etc. gains depend on how big a turbo you get and so on. for 3000 im guessin youll get around 200-220? am i right turbo guys? but yea just search on here for info. as far as getting the setup my GUESS is itd probably be cheaper to find certian parts on ebay or w/e and what you cant get then get from companies like real-engineering or speedfactor *runs and hides* feel free to correct me and make me feel like an even bigger noob lol

**you just said in another forum you are gettin the OBX headers--DONT not if you are serious about turboing. you wont be able to use them**
Old 09-15-2005, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

do some search.

I suggest you reading "Maximum Boost" by Corcky Bell. Good book about turbo charging, will answere lots of your questions.

I think Real Engineering sells turbo kits. There is vendors section in the forum, go and check there. click me
Old 09-15-2005, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm
Old 09-15-2005, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (Dmitry @ Sep 15 2005, 10:17 AM)
do some search.

I suggest you reading "Maximum Boost" by Corcky Bell. Good book about turbo charging, will answere lots of your questions.

I think Real Engineering sells turbo kits. There is vendors section in the forum, go and check there. click me

Yea max boost is really good i read it about half a year ago its very helpful, you can also get a local shop to do it, not sure ow good your shops are but theres one around my house who will build custom turbo kits, they just finished a q45 twin turbo when i went there last at the beggining of summer to see how much an exhaust would be theres lots of info out there and enough on this fourm and max boost to get you setup and good luck with it
Old 09-24-2005, 08:43 PM

thanks people.