Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Finally will boost my Tib

Old 06-27-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Originally Posted by MaverickLC
I really understand you guys and why you don’t like this kind of setup but you really don’t understand how hard is to get parts here so I really admire blitz and his attempt to go turbo route because I know that he must do everything custom!
Last I checked, Sharkracing and most online korean parts places will ship worldwide. So does Ebay. So why can't he get a Maintec turbo manifold shipped to him?

Haltech has an Authorized Dealer in Greece, 250 miles away from him. So why can't he drive over there and pick up an Elite ECU? They have cheaper ECU's as well.

Or, buy my Haltech E6k if he's on a budget that will fully control timing and allow for FOUR large injectors. I ran 750's on it. It's an older ECU, but it's cheap as sh*t and will run 10x's BETTER than what he's planning.

I'm not going to pretend to know your country politics, but unless you've got a Nazi blockade at your borders, then you don't have an excuse. This is just him going cheap on everything. And we know how that turns out.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

03tibe85 We don't get E85... sad , but true ! I have fuel pump from eclipse turbo which if I'm not mistaken is good for up to 250whp. Definiely have to get wideband.

Thanks for the help brother really appreciate it !!!
Old 06-27-2017, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

see. thats what we are talking about.

you are just buying sh*t without even properly researching before because it's cheap. spend the goddam 5 f*cking seconds to figure out what will actually work before you start tossing sh*t into a pile.

keep goin at this route and someone in your piece of sh*t country is gonna be able to get a tib with a blown motor for super cheap.

"good for 250hp" :biggrin:
Old 06-28-2017, 02:07 AM
Banned

ex. Eclipse GSX fuel pump (good for up to ~250whp) - that's what you wrote f*ck face ! Weren't you the one that told me to check your turbo parts list ?! I hope you are just f*cking around... your mom told me that you are so stupid that your project wasn't finished for about 10 years

This cheap thing is getting funny as f*ck If I'm cheap I would buy cheap ass chinese turbo and manifold. Evo 8.5 turbo is 300 euro and the chinese sh*t is 150 brand new!

The same with manifold and so on.

Please don't tell me to buy DOS based ECU just cause some "know all" f*cker is selling it.

I did my research and I have people that done this who are willing to help. Even if I f*ck it up I will start all over again, I don't give a f*ck! I promise you the car will be boosted and running by the end of the summer.

Don't want to waste your time anymore just tell me what you don't like about the Evo setup ?
Old 06-28-2017, 04:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Coupe

Originally Posted by JonGTR
Last I checked, Sharkracing and most online korean parts places will ship worldwide. So does Ebay. So why can't he get a Maintec turbo manifold shipped to him?

Haltech has an Authorized Dealer in Greece, 250 miles away from him. So why can't he drive over there and pick up an Elite ECU? They have cheaper ECU's as well.

Or, buy my Haltech E6k if he's on a budget that will fully control timing and allow for FOUR large injectors. I ran 750's on it. It's an older ECU, but it's cheap as sh*t and will run 10x's BETTER than what he's planning.

I'm not going to pretend to know your country politics, but unless you've got a Nazi blockade at your borders, then you don't have an excuse. This is just him going cheap on everything. And we know how that turns out.

Few years back I had Coupe GK 2.7V6 and I wanted to put supercharger on it… base kit was 2500USD if I remember and shipping was 600USD and when that package arrives at our customs service they charge you 15% of customs tax and then 25% of regular tax and around 1% of their handling fee.

So that supercharger would cost me 4500USD what was price of Assasian kit of that time.

I was looking to take your Haltech but It would cost me 2x the price you want for it… but would love to have it
Old 06-28-2017, 05:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Alpine had a good kit for the V6 and they had distributors all over the world. Did you look for them? You could always start with their kit, then add to it with custom parts.

Like I said, you could also take a beautiful drive to Greece, or 5 other EU countries, and pick up a Haltech without paying customs.

I'm always willing to give up the E6k to HA members for cheaper than what I'm asking. That's why I said "obo" within reason.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:50 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Is the Eclipse pump new? If not then I wouldn't put it in your car as they are known to fail with high miles on them.

make sure a good quality wideband O2 sensor is #1 on your list and that you DO NOT BOOST without it!!

I recommend the AEM LSU 4.9 Wideband as its one of the fastest most accurate ones on the market. It has a 0-5 volt output that you should be able to run into the SMT8 for datalogging.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Banned

Bought it brand new before 3-4 years.

Yep thats the plan

These days will sell the ITBs Tomorrow will recieve IM and by the end of the week the turbo will be here. It is from Evo 8.5 10.5 hotside good for up to 380 bhp.

Tonight will work on the exhaust manifold. Have to make the holes bigger and cut one of them. Also will have to enlarge the ports to fit the head nicely.

A lot of beer and money and we'll get there
Old 06-28-2017, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

For me I just drilled and tapped head for that one bolt hold on the lower right of manifold. Makes for much better seal than cutting the flange and using a bolt with big washer..talking to you TibbyTib!!

So are you going to stick with the stock EVO wastegate and blow your motor or find a lower PSI wastegate?
Old 06-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Banned

Do you have a pic of your solution ?

I told you that I will get another wastegate. Do you think that I will invest in that motor just to blow it ?! Really ?

So if you are using evo turbo and manifold this means you are " cheap " :biggrin: