Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   Finally will boost my Tib (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/finally-will-boost-my-tib-82762/)

blitz 06-19-2017 12:04 PM

03tibe85 sorry brother , but get your facts right ! SMT8 can run TWO extra injectors ( 13 ohms ) Just saying...

blitz 06-19-2017 12:11 PM

tibbytib your ecu is different from mine. I saw a lot of guys using smt6 while boosting their Tibs so I hope SMT8 works even better...

SpoolinShark nice to hear, but the one that I can get is 20cm exhaust housing. Its f*cking huge. I think it will not spool before 5000rpm.

03tibe85 06-20-2017 07:25 AM

Well there are different SMT8 versions and only one has 2 Sub Injector outputs. Either way running 1 or 2 subinjectors is not the best way to go as your guaranteed to run a cylinder leaner than the others. For low boost it may be ok but I wouldn't trust it with the kind of power you want.

Also you will need some way to retard ignition timing and as far as I know Perfect Power wasn't ever able to get that function to work on a SMT8 and a Hyundai. Believe me I tried every wiring diagram they sent me for my GK Tib back in the day, and best I could do was get it working for 10 min before limp mode kicked in.

The SMT6 while older with limited functions, has been proven to drive 4 extra injectors which ensures you get correct fuel delivery to each cylinder. It has also shown to be able to retard ignition on the RD Tiburons.

Something else you may look into is the ECUMaster DET3. That can drive up to 6 sub injectors and can retard timing as well.

Either way you seem to think you know more than others that have been there and done that many times, some before you were even born! LMAO. So do as you wish and I hope not to see this turn into an EPIC FAIL thread. ;)

JonGTR 06-20-2017 10:18 AM

Yea, this is going south.

You're making the same old mistakes most people did 15yrs ago. You'd think with all that knowledge written here on the boards, one would pick up on them.

My recommendation would be to go straight to standalone for the timing issues Dave already mentioned. You may think it costs a lot more up front, but after you buy more injectors, custom rails/hoses, wiring, tuning issues, and a blown motor, it'll become MUCH cheaper in the end. You'll also get to take advantage of it's options like direct injection/ignition, maps, and different forms of traction control.

blitz 06-20-2017 02:11 PM

03tibe85 there is only one SMT8 ! We are not talking SMT8L or something else! The name is clear SMT8!!!

Yes it can control two extra injectors and YES it can retard timing !!! I've been there done that. I can make a video if you want to see how the engine reacts to ignition imputs. My ECU is MAP based and is nothing like the US one. I thought you know that ?!?

What if I batch wire them ? 1-4 and 2-3 ? Use the stock injectors as main rail and add the 320cc for the second rail. Tune the second rail for boost only. Please explain to me why it won't work that way.

I don't act like know all, but when I'm sure what do you want me say ?! I know for a fact that it can retard timing ( advance also ) and it can control 2 extra injectors. The best thing is that it has map for injector 1 and injector 2, but if want you can control them together. That's what I need.

I'm man enough to admit my mistakes, but can you please tell me who else manage to make his RD Tib streetable with ITBs? Before that the car had wet nitrous and now hopefully it will be boosted by the end of the summer.

The engine is in good condition, but I bought crankshaft bearings and I'm thinking of buying all the other needed parts to rebuild it. It's alwasy a good idea before going turbo.

blitz 06-20-2017 03:20 PM

As my best friend faith told me I will make the manifold myself and just give it to somebody to weld it ;)

MaverickLC 06-21-2017 02:11 AM

On stock engine you can go up to 0,7bar of boost with 5’th injector and I pushed mine up to 1,35bar with dual rail and Wiseco turbo pistons on stock ignition.

You are doing everything custom so best is to use stock exhaust manifold and just make adapter so you can fit twinscrol turbo, done that years back and it works. It would be much easier if you would use “normal” turbo and not twinscrol so if you still have chance use normal turbo because that will make your life much easier!

90% of custom made exhaust manifold will brake so don’t even bother with that.

For 0,5-0,6bar you don’t have to do anything to ignition, you can leave it stock and everything will work perfectly, just do the fine tune of fuel and make a little richer mixture (10,5-10,8AFR)

For 5’th injector use largest injector you can get 500cc or more.

Guys don’t give you bed advices but I think that they don’t have any idea how hard and how expensive is to get any kind of preformance parts in Eastern Europe. It is like you wont to buy Kinder surprise egg in America :)

03tibe85 06-21-2017 07:00 AM

I won't get into an arguing match with you. I'm too old lol. I will just try to provide answers from now on.

1) If you did get the Ignition timing to work without causing limp mode then great for you! I was never able to in my years of dealing with perfect power. Maybe it's just an issue with the newer GK ECUs.

2) You cannot connect two high ohm injectors to one SMT8 output as it will fry that output. Maybe ask Perfect Power if you installed a resistor box could you connect 2 low ohm injectors to each output for a total of 4?

3) Maybe the older RD Intake manifolds were better at distributing fuel supplied by 1 injector to all four cylinders but the Beta 2 manifold was terrible and would cause lean conditions on cylinder 3.

4) To properly take advantage of a twin scroll turbo you need to have the proper manifold that pairs the proper cylinders for each turbine input. Slapping a twin scroll turbo on a hacked stock manifold is not the proper way to do it. Will it work? Yes. Will it be as good as a true twin scroll manifold? Nope.

faithofadragon 06-21-2017 09:57 AM

^^mang did you see those issues with 250hp or double that? remember...baby steps. a stock IM with a 58mm throttle body will work just fine for a stock motor and low boost.

scrap the smt. get a FIC or standalone.

dont do the same sh*t we did.

i went from a SMT (uninstalled) to a FIC (installed) to a megasquirt (waiting for install)

i went from a supercharger (started install, scrapped project) to a small turbo (sold it) to a gigantic turbo (installed)

i went from a head spacer (uninstalled) to a set of tigerlilly cast (uninstalled) to wisecos (installed)

i went from a hks bov (installed) to a tial (installed)

i went through maybe 4 clutches

all that sh*t adds up man.

blitz 06-21-2017 01:44 PM

MaverickLC thank you a lot brother. I know they are not giving me bad avices otherwise I will not ask for anything. My problem is that they judge me too fast. I know something for a fact and they jump on me and act like I'm the bad guy :D

Let's make something clear as faith said I have to decide how many ponies I want so the aim is 250whp .

Last night I contacted a guy who is well known in my coutry about the exhaust manifold. He told me NOT to do it even though he will make good money from it! So what do you guys think I should do ? Use the stock mani with flange or buy the manifold from Evo 8 ? A lot of Evo guys are going back to the stock manifold for a daily drive. If I have to be honest I think that the one from 1.8 Elantra ( the one that I have on the car right now ) is the best, second place for Evo 8 and last one for the stoke one. The Evo 8 is good that I don't have to cut , weld and sh*t ! Only problem is to make it fit which I read is not big problem.

Can you clarify why not to use twin scroll ?

Here is what the guys from Perfect power sent me:

http://media.snimka.bg/s1/5925/038094193-big.jpg?r=0

http://media.snimka.bg/s1/5925/038094194-big.jpg?r=0

http://media.snimka.bg/s1/5925/038094195-big.jpg?r=0

They are pretty sure I can use 4 extra injectors...

I want to thank to all of you who are willing to help and I don't want to argue with nobody just assume that I can be right sometimes :)