Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   Finally will boost my Tib (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/finally-will-boost-my-tib-82762/)

03tibe85 07-26-2017 06:53 AM

Just want to add that if you tapped the SMT8 into either it will jack with the resistance values and therefore the temp they report back which if you tapped into the Sensor will mess with what coolant temp the ECU is seeing which will affect the tune.

blitz 07-26-2017 06:58 AM

Sensor is checked and is ok. I had this problem when SMT8 wasn't installed.

Out of options for now ...

03tibe85 07-26-2017 11:51 AM

I know you've said the SMT8 isn't the problem but the only way to know for sure is to completely uninstall it and take everything back to stock.

blitz 07-26-2017 12:37 PM

As I wrote it very clear " I had this problem before the SMT8 was installed " !!!

Ran the car tonight and it was really f*cked up! At a certain throttle possition the car just bogs... if I keep the same throttle possition it stays like this ?! You have to press the gas pedal harder or you have to let off.

I'm sick of this sh*t and when I have time I will check all releys and wirings :banghead2:

WytchDctr 07-26-2017 07:37 PM

What MAP sensor are you running? Stock? (sorry if that is somewhere in the other 6 pages - i missed it).

blitz 07-27-2017 01:23 AM

Yes, stock MAP sensor. Nothing to be sorry about ;)

03tibe85 07-27-2017 07:58 AM

If the problem only happens at a certain TPS voltage then you need to verify with a volt meter and OBD scanner that what voltage the TPS sensor is outputting is actually what the stock ECU is seeing. Just because you had the issue before the SMT8 doesn't mean its not contributing to the problem.

When faced with a problem that has multiple variables that could be the cause its best to eliminate as many variables as you can to determine the root cause.

Juanra 07-27-2017 08:02 AM

Have you tried another ECU?

blitz 07-27-2017 12:45 PM

03tibe85 - I'm sure it's the same. I'm eliminating them one by one, but I thought by now that the problem would have been solved.

New spark plugs, leads and coils means the spark is 99% ok. I don't know why , but from the beginning of this sh*t I think that its fuel related !

A guy that I know had the similar issues with his BMW and he said that it was his fuel pump. Asked me if the problem is getting worse when the level of fuel is low and the answer is yes ! He is sure that is the pump. I will connect wires to it so I can monitor the voltage non stop. If the voltage is ok will hook a fuel pressure gauge to be 100% sure.

Juarana - I did not, but it is the next step :thumbup:

Thank you guys for the help :beercheers:

Juanra 07-27-2017 12:48 PM

I thought you rules out the fuel pump!