Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

External Wastegate/log Manifold

Old 10-29-2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Defently need an External wastegate setup...........
I had mention to you this a while ago and this would be your ONLY alternative.
For example i am running an external wastegate and when i installed a MBC and wanted to turn up the boost i was getting boost spike and then it was dropping like carzy when i had my 6psi Spring inside the tial wastegate.
I cranked it to 15-18psi and mine dropped down to 8psi in the top end so i had to purchase Tial springs seperatly to make my 16psi and its STEADY all the way through to REDLINE.....

An external wastegate will solve your problems.... fing02.gif

With the Super 60 we have running more than 16psi is pointless since the turbo starts to die out so when you get your new Bigger turbo you should be OK..... fing02.gif
Old 10-29-2005, 07:30 PM

An external waste gate would help alot!!! But also you need to open up your exhasust as much as possible. If were you live you have emission laws I would get HIflow cats and a HIflow muffler and run ATLEAST 3' piping. Something else alot of people dont think about is a throttle body spacer. What that does is give more time for air and fuel to mix but also it gives you more room to hold more air. Go with atleast an inch spacer.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Cool thanks for the replies

Full 3" Manderal Bent exhaust including downpipe with No cats will be done!

2UNIQ

Dod you try running 18 psi or 20 psi? Did it hold all the way to redline?
Old 10-29-2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Gary !
I also did have 22psi once and yes it did hold staedy but it ran out of turbo so fast cool.gif
Jsut go external bro you will be fine fing02.gif
Old 10-29-2005, 10:52 PM

How will an external wastegate help him hold a higher boost level, as far as I know the wastegate just allows exhaust gasses to bypass the turbine in the turbo so you don't overboost, if either a internal or external wastegate are fully closed no matter what all the exhaust flow is passing through the turbo and neither should open untill the desired boost level is reached. So if you have an internal gated turbo set for 20psi and an external set a 20psi niether will open if you not hitting 20psi so there will be no differance between the two at all under those conditions, boost drop is usually happens when you go beyond the turbos capability of PSI vs. CFM, A higher flowing downpipe and exhaust may help a little but the wastegate should have nothing to do with how much boost you can push ,they are just meant to stop the boost at a set point, most people go to a larger external unit when they have problems with boost creep or overboosting when the internal is to small to allow enough exhaust to bypass the turbo so if he not having those problems the external wastegate will be a waste of money unless he goes with a larger turbo thats without an internal wastegate, I would think all he needs is a higher boost spring for his current wastegate since some of the problems can be caused by his boost controller.